Unexpected

"You.. you what?" Camryn sputtered, she heard the words coming out of her son's mouth but they didn't make sense.

Even Liz, Camryns other assistant let out a laugh from the corner before freezing and hurriedly covering her mouth with her hand.

"Sorry! I ... I'm sorry I just don't.. understand.."Liz flushed, trying to find the words which just caused Milo to deadpan. "Not that.. it's that unbelievable?"

"How did this even happen?" Camryn was still baffled. Everyone had seen the way Milo treated Carson. Camryn had scolded him about it daily. Liz would also get an earful from Carson when they shared their workspace about how awful Milo was to deal with...

"Does it matter!" Milo ran a hand through his hair. "She was drinking.. I was drinking.. it happened, she said it was a mistake, I said I had feelings for her and she quit!"

"That's a lot to unpack.." Liz blurted out yet again and she quickly shook her head. "Sorry, I'm just going to step out so you two can.. talk."

Milo let out an exasperated breath before stiffening as his eyes met his mothers. He swallowed as he felt himself shrink under her frosty stare.

"Milo.. this is possibly the worst thing you've ever done."

"I know.." He admitted, his stomach knotting up as he felt his feelings rush back in. "I made her quit." It was nothing more than a whisper.

Camryn raised an eyebrow, worriedly looking at her son for answers.
"I wouldn't leave her alone.. I kept .. pushing myself on her.."

"Milo."

"I made her miserable.. I made her quit."

.....

"I told him so much shit.." Carson sobbed into her ice cream. "I said I hated him.."

"I mean.. I thought you did hate him." Hailey pointed out only to shrug. "Sorry.. continue."

"I said so much shit about how he was entitled and a nuisance in my life.. and then I just slept with someone I knew he was jealous of.." Carson sniffled, shoveling rocky road onto her spoon. "I'm such a bitch."

"You really tore into the man.." Hailey admitted which caused Carson to gape at her. "But! But! .. he was an asshole. He kept trying to push you after you told him it was a one time thing. He hasn't been innocent in this."

"I didn't have to tear him down.."

"No you didn't. Again. Mistakes were made."

Carson winced at the word. Now knowing how Milo felt the word held a different meaning.

She had made a lot of mistakes but she was starting to realize Milo wasn't one of them.

...

Milo groaned into his hands, another wave of anger ripping through him as he heard Liz scrambling on the phone trying to reschedule all the appointments and bookings Carson had originally made for this huge photoshoot he was suppose to be doing.

It was just the tip of the iceberg, as she would say.
It was to update all his head shots, try out some new styling and show the world his new image and hopefully show the talent scene he wasn't just some Disney channel one hit wonder..