𝘁𝘄𝗼; 𝗺𝗶𝘀𝘁 𝗼𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗺𝗶𝗿𝗿𝗼𝗿

Parlee's POV;

"HOW COME I got stuck with this stupid ass name?" I thought out loud. "Like, what the actual fuck were mom and dad thinking?" I turned towards my two siblings.

"How come I got stuck with this boring ass name?" Matt replied, mocking me.

"Oh, shut up Matthieu, I'd rather be a basic bitch like you than have my name be based around a verb in a language I can't even speak anymore." I stated, rolling my eyes.

My parents are both French, and I guess I am too, but moving to the wonderful country known as the United States of America really fucked with my French skills. So much so that now I seem like one of those cliché girls that try to flex their European ancestry 'cause I only know the basic shit like 'bonjour' and 'ça va?' That and 'parler' which means to talk. Which is the verb that my name, Parliette, is derived from. No wonder I can't shut up sometimes, I guess talking endlessly is my destiny.

I'm not gonna lie, it sucks. It sucks not being able to speak the language I was once fluent in. I miss speaking French so much, but I fear I'll never learn it again. French lessons in school are shit, and our teacher is some little old lady that looks like she should've retired 30 years ago. I'm pretty sure she's deaf and blind too 'cause why can I literally roll a joint in class, dip to go to the bathroom to smoke, and return as if nothing ever happened?

And I know at least one of you motherfuckers is gonna say "Parlee, how are you gonna relearn French if you never go to lessons?" That, my dear friends, is not the issue. Even if I DID sit and listen to Ms. Flubberton ramble on about some grammatical structure in the language, I wouldn't learn anything. And how do I know that? Well, Matt does exactly that, and since we're in the same class, he just tells me what she was talking about when I was gone in short.