Station 19 - Seattle Fire Queers

Sophie Dixon had joined Station 19 the week after her younger brother as Rigo Vasquez's replacement after his tragic death.

Sophie was one of the best firefighters around; however her parents had thought that she should be a model. Her muscles were toned, eyes were bright green, hair was beautifully blonde and she had a tattoo of medusa on her forearm.

Emmett wasn't always ready to stand up for himself but Sophie, Sophie would. When she was twelve, she had seen a kid in her class getting beaten up by his father and she'd tackled him to the ground and called the police all whilst keeping him pinned to the ground.

After Rigo had died, Jack Gibson had been demoted and Sophie had been transferred after some misogyny at her last station.

"This is Rigo Vasquez's replacement. Lieutenant Sophie Dixon." Battalion Chief Sullivan introduced her.

Whilst Sophie was feisty, she was respectful nonetheless and greeted the team with a nod of her head.

"You Dixon's kid as well?" One guy asked. The name on his shirt was Montgomery.

Sophie nodded. "Yes...?"

"Oh, I'm Travis." He held out a hand which she shook.

"Nice to meet you Travis."

The team introduced themselves one by one.

Travis Montgomery, Emmett Dixon, Vic Hughes, Jack Gibson, Dean Miller, Ben Warren, Lieutenant Andrea Herrera, and finally Captain Maya Bishop.

"Welcome to Station Nineteen Lieutenant Dixon. I look forward to working with you." Sophie didn't miss the way that the Captain's eyes raked over her body before shaking her hand. "Beanery in ten guys."

People around the newbie groaned. "What's the beanery?" She asked.

"I'll give you a tour later." Emmett promised her.

The first few days were a blur. The captain had brought in a therapist to talk about Vasquez's death, and then Andy's father died and everyone was in mourning.

And now he was being denied a firefighter funeral because he was technically retired, but Vic was putting together a firefighter calendar to pay for the funeral.

It was just Sophie and Emmett in the beanery making a start on dinner, Bolognese, their favourite.

"I'm gay." Emmett broke the silence.

She bit her tongue to try and prohibit herself from saying it but she had no self control in these situations. "Hi gay, I'm Sophie."

"Funny."

"But you're engaged to Alicia."

Emmett put down the knife he was chopping the carrots with. "But I don't love her, I'm doing it to make Dad happy, you know how he is." He took a deep breath. "I've been sleeping with Travis and I really like him, and I wanna be with him but he doesn't want me to be in the closet. And...."

"I'm lesbian, and I have a thing for the captain."

"Hi lesbian and I have a thing for the captain, I'm Emmett." He grinned, beginning to chop the carrots.

"I'll come out first, then you can go." Sophie smiled, as the whole group came into the beanery, sitting down at the table, or helping them chop veg.

"Hey Warren, you like fall right?" Vic picked up her pen. "October? November? You can be a sexy turkey, y'know. Do it for Pruitt man."

Warren was shaking his head and Sophie cleared her throat.

"I'm lesbian." Silence.

Emmett followed quickly. "I'm gay."

There was complete silence before Maya swallowed and walked up to the both of them.

"There isn't a club, but if there was, Montgomery and I welcome you." She said.

"What club?" Travis asked.

Maya smiled, shaking both of the sibling's hands. "Seattle Fire Queers." She started walking away. "I'm only half gay but it counts."

"RIGHT! EVERYONE! SHUT UP AND CHOOSE A MONTH! We are alive because of Pruitt Herrera. Choose a month, meet me downstairs in Bishop's office in ten minutes."

They got their sexy calendar shot, with everyone posing for a page. Then the boys posed for one together, and everyone posed together and the girls posed together.

They were all in bathing suits, except for Sophie, who was in a bikini.

"Alright, Andy and Vic, let's get you two back to back. Maya on the stool, Sophie lean your arm on her shoulder, Maya put your arm around her waist."

Maya danced her fingertips along Sophie's skin, before hovering on Sophie's side.

"Scared Cap? Come on, you can touch me y'know. You won't break me from just a touch." She whispered in Maya's ear. "Unless you touch me in the right place."

"Right, sexy faces everyone." Travis instructed taking the photo.

"And that's a wrap. Thanks guys." Vic smiled from ear to ear, shoving her uniform back over the top of her bathing suit, Andy doing the same before the two of them left with Travis.

Sophie turned to do the same, before Maya had her pinned against the wall.

"Lieutenant Dixon. I think I'm going to have to discipline you for your early comments."