Amelia, Look at me.

Derek is dead.

Derek is dead.

Derek is dead.

Amelia kept repeating the words in her head, couldn't stop as her feet moved her down the alley, towards the person. The same words were going around her head, but this time, in Meredith's voice.

Derek is dead.

Derek is dead.

Derek is dead.

She held out the money in her hand and gave it to the person, who handed her a small bag of powder. She nodded at him, not fully aware of what she was doing, and she let her feet carry her home, standing looking out of the window over Seattle.

Home. Without Derek. Because...

Derek is dead.

Derek is dead.

Derek is dead.

1,312 days. 1,312 days sober. 1,312 days without drugs or alcohol. 1,312 days without giving in. And now her brother was dead.

Derek is dead.

Derek is dead.

Derek is dead.

She didn't know how she felt. Sad? Angry? Regretful?

Empty.

But why?

"Amelia." This voice did not come from in her head. No. This voice belonged to her lover.

"Amelia." Her name was called again. And she felt her heart rise for a second.

She found her voice for a second. "Derek is dead." Three days since she had found out. Amelia had been MIA, no one had heard from her. And now someone had found her. "He died thinking you still loved him." She finally turned around.

The blonde nodded. "He was cheating on me Amy. He left me. The police found divorce papers in his car. He was going to leave me. Just like he left Addison."

"Do you even love me? Or was I just a way to get back at Derek?"

Meredith stepped towards the younger Shepherd, taking her hands in her own. "Amy. I love you. What I felt for Derek was admiration and lust. What I feel for you is LOVE. I love you Amelia Shepherd. Derek was a dick. He cheated on me with his lab resident. I love you. Derek died a cheater. And people are going to find out, people are going to find out about him, and about us. And I'm going to be by your side."

Amelia cleared her throat.

"I have a bag of Oxy in my pocket and I wanna take it and forget."

Meredith swallowed and bit her lip.

"You'd lose everything. Everything that you're proud of. Amelia, I don't pretend to know what you struggle with. I know that I will never understand, but you know you can do this. I know you can do this. How about, you give me the drugs and we go upstairs? We can watch a movie, eat popcorn and we can snuggle?"

Amelia grappled with herself. She knew what she needed, if she couldn't have her drugs.

"No, I don't need a movie."

She put the drugs in the top cabinet where she knew the kids wouldn't get to them, even though the kids were staying with Miranda and Ben.

She pulled Meredith in close by her jacket and started kissing her, hard.

Meredith moaned as she pushed Amelia against the kitchen counter.

The two were interrupted by their housemates, Alex, Jo and Maggie. The three of them were just getting home from their night out. Meredith jumped back, hoping that the three of them were too drunk to notice anything.