Part 2 - Cut and Run

Author's Note: This is for Febuwhump Day Nineteen: Alt#2 Lightning Strike.

PS. This is a gift for ProwlingThunder on ao3.

~ Rivana Rita

In which Omega takes her little brothers to Saleucami, and they're introduced to the chaotic life off-Kamino for the first time.

"Omega," Echo says, and he sounds tired. Her gaze flicks from her sleeping brothers piled around her – Hunter and Wrecker are squeezed up against either side, and Crosshair is sprawled wholly on top of her. Tech is curled up beside Hunter. It's comfortable and quiet. "They're kids. What are we gonna do with them?"

"Who said we'll do anything?" Omega replies. The only thing she's ever wanted was to get them back. Why would she be worried about the maybe's right now?

She never thought she'd get to see them again. How could anything make her give this up?

The moment is interrupted when the alarm system beeps, announcing their exit from hyperspace. Her brothers surprisingly, actually settle down to watch as they land, though they're visibly intrigued.

Echo hadn't been here when Omega met Cut before. She hopes he doesn't mind her bringing all five of them, but she trusts them, and Cut trusted her, too.

She pulls her helmet off, setting it on the pilot's seat before leaving, because she's not going to need the thing here. They're not going to be fighting. After the Outer Rim Sieges, she's very glad for a break.

Saleucami is as vibrant and full of life as it was when she was last here. There's not as many colors here as in many places, but it's still pretty, and there's so much life here.

She hears Echo right behind her, but her little brothers stop on the ramp.

"Woah," someone breathes – she thinks it was Crosshair.

Omega pauses, turning back to watch them. Hunter kicks at the dirt, staring at it before looking up. There's something cautiously warily worried on his face. Tech is looking around, eyes wide, and he's the first to trot to the bottom of the ramp, taking everything in. Crosshair raises his arm to block out the light, blinking rapidly to readjust to the brightness. Wrecker and Crosshair just kneel in the dirt, digging their fingers into it. Wrecker laughs gleefully and throws a handful of it at Tech, who ducks, turning back to glare at him.

Omega giggles. She remembers how she first reacted to seeing a world other than Kamino.

Hunter flinches a little, looking up. Omega follows his gaze to a storm cloud in the distance, one flickering with bolts of yellow lightning.

"What's wrong?" Omega queries – she has a vague memory of how he used to be terrified of lighting. He'd hide whenever there was a thunderstorm, which was most of the time. She sort of thought he... wouldn't be afraid of it anymore?

"Does it lightning everywhere?" Hunter asks, rubbing a hand down one of his arms.

"Pretty much, yeah," she replies, "Just not all the time like Kamino. Saleucami is pretty stormy, too, though. It just doesn't rain as much."

He nods. Hunter yelps ungracefully when Crosshair throws a handful of dirt at his back. "Crosshair!" he snaps, and Omega's impressed by his ability to know who threw something at him without even seeing them.

Crosshair giggles, bolting forwards, and Omega's entirely certain he was about to jump him if Echo hadn't grabbed his shoulder first. Crosshair freezes, pouting.