XIII

" Why must I go in same car as him?" Aranya hissed as she and Adhira walked upstairs

" Because you're his girlfriend."

" Fake girlfriend." She enunciated, unlocking her room.

" Girlfriend nonetheless."

" He's an asshole."

" So I've been hearing for the past....month?"

" I'm going to tear off that contract one of these days and throw it in the bin right in front of his eyes."

" That's the....." Adhira stopped as she began counting.
" Fiftieth time you've said that."

" Adi! I'm actually pissed! Can you, for once, take this seriously?" Aranya whined, getting a smile from Adhira.

" I know you're actually pissed. But your anger isn't taking this anywhere, nor is it going to help you get answers from him. As much as he was surprised seeing you so furious, he's equally stubborn. He isn't telling you a word of what you wish to know anytime soon. So I'd rather have you think with a calm mind, like you always do, think about how you can find out information instead of bugging him, you've got excellent sources, make use of them."

Aranya nodded with a sigh.
" Well....whatever you say makes sense. You're right."

" I'm always right."

" Sure you are. Now go use the washroom, we need to go down before my boyfriend drives me all the more crazy."

" Be right back!"

" Yeah."

Aranya's gaze flickered outside the huge balcony.

While Mayank continued to rant out his problems, Agastya kept nodding at him, his gaze fixed away, barely registering a word that he said.

Her eyes narrowed into slits.

The audacity he had to behave so nonchalant even after lying blatantly, hiding things from her and acting like it was no big deal.

" I'm done. Let's go?"

" Yeah. C'mon."

They walked down and out of the house after informing her and his grandparents that they'd be going out.

They were stopped by his brothers at the doorstep.

" Are you going out Bhabhi?" Rudra asked.