Corruption

DE MORNIG

After washing myself up, I received a call from Overwatch, "Hello Kenji, we received a distress signal close to Switzerland, Overwatch base Alpha recently went dark, we need help now! OH SHIT! OH MY GOD! FUCK! THEY'RE HE-" The call cut, I sprinted back to my room, "Kiri! We gotta move!" I busted down Genji's door, and I screamed "Switzerland is under atta-'' I saw something I shouldn't have. Let's just say, ahem, there was a lot of steam, if you catch my drift [INTENSE ROMANTIC JAZZ.MP4] , "OH SHIT!" I grabbed the side of the door that I kicked in and slammed it shut, I exhaled, holy fuck, I did not see the 2 like that I waved to Kiriko, "Hey Kiri, I am traumatized" "what happened?" "I saw Genji and Angela doing the tango" "What's bad about dancing?" "In bed" "Oh shit" "Yeah" We jumped down the 2nd floor and and sprinted to the garage, I jumped inside a prototype XDF-45V Aegis, Kiriko jumped into the backseat, I flipped the switch, and off we went, It was quick, and before we knew it, we were at Switzerland, an AA railgun locked onto us, I jammed the throttle forward, I dove down, Gs pressed down on me, bombs ready, we have schematics, so the crash will not set me back, "Kiriko, when I say "go", Pull the handles underneath your seat" "Are you sure?" "Trust me" the plane rumbled and creaked as it took shots from several angles, "steadyyyy, steadyyyyy, steadyyyyy, NOW!" Kiriko pulled the handles back, and the canopy flew off, and Kiriko's seat was ejected, "KENJI!!" I braced as the plane slammed into the base, I quickly recovered and jumped out of the jet, and jumped onto an insurgent, I blocked his hits, grabbed a sniper rifle, and collapsed on the floor, catching him off guard, "Checkmate" and I fired the sniper, killing the man on the spot, I rose, pinning one insurgent to the wall, and I drew my pistol shooting 2 bullets into his head, I crouched behind a large canister, I heard one of the invaders say, "we got where we want him! Open it up!" the canister exploded next to me, purple gas surrounded me, I started coughing, I guess that the helmet doesn't filter this out, I grabbed at my neck, I felt so queasy, I coughed even harder, and fell on the floor, I tried to crawl out of the gas cloud, but it was too much, I feel like my instincts were dulling, and my body wasn't mine, I was so close, until a large juggernaut with a gas mask and dragged me to the raptured canister, he grabbed my head and jammed it into the canister, I was waning out a bit, my breathing got so much worse, the Juggernaut bashed my head into the remainings of the canister, and I passed out.

Kiriko POV:

There was so much chaos, I stabbed one in the eye as another shot at me, I used the dead comrade as a meat shield, I threw my kunai at the man, digging into the soldier's neck, I wrapped my arm around one guys neck, and gave it a good crack, I turned to see a black figure with purple eyes, purple smoke flowing out the helmet, it reminded me of Kenji, The figure launched itself at me, I deflected it's kodachi, driving it into a car, the ninja pulled out a 2011 and shot me in the arm twice, he grabbed his katana and attempted to slice me in half, I did a backflip and kicked the purple ninja in the face, sending him into a G-Wagon, I tried to land on the ground, but it was covered in snow, so I slipped and started to slide down the mountain, the purple ninja gave chase, I threw a couple of Kunais, one landing square in the center of the ninja's helmet,the eyes flashed from purple to red, "Kiri! GO! RUN! THE GAS! IT'S-" Kenji! It's him! I tried to reach for him, but the purple eyes came back, and he began ANIMAL CRAWLING AT ME LIKE A CRYPTID, I screamed and kicked at him, there was a snow-made ramp, I angled myself to the ramp, grabbing a rope next to me, as I gained air, Infected Kenji also hit the ramp, I wrapped the rope around Infected Kenji's neck, and with all my strength, pull, turning him into a literal slingshot, I had one plan, break his helmet, pummeling him into a rock, I almost flinched from the impact, purple smoke emerging from the impact, I teleported to the rock, the smoke dissipated, and Kenji was coughing, I walked over to him, kunai in hand, just in case, Kenji fell, I checked on him, and I noticed his skin was a bit purple, along with his phoenix tattoo disappearing, being replaced with what looks like a ghost, he was still infected, I felt a sharp pain in my chest, I fell to the ground, as a balisong knife was sticking out of my chest, I yanked Kenji's radio, and I ran, I held the Balisong that Kenji had stabbed me with to make sure to not make any fatal mistakes, I felt 2 shots go into my abdomen and my shoulder, I clicked in the radio button, "HEY I'M KIRIKO, PLEASE HELP HOLY CRAP KENJI IS LIKE A ZOMBIE! I'M PRETTY BADLY INJURED! HELP!" A metal platform fell from the sky, "HQ to Kiriko, hook up to the skyhook, the plane is inbound in 10 seconds, hold off Striker 1 until then" I clipped a large carabiner to on of the ropes that I tie around myself, I-Kenji was running at me full sprint, I can see the large plane screaming towards me, I-Kenji stopped running, and Kenji's skin came back to normal color, but purple was still there like cracks stemming from his neck,, it looks like there are flashes when Kenji returns to normal, but then the "gas" takes over, "Kiri, hear me, it looks like the gas that exploded in the facility is an enhanced version of NUM3XS, or the Numbers, I think whenever I become "Feral" Memories, false or true play, I have no clue what's going on, try to locate a cure, here," Kenji stabbed himself in the chest, as blood flows, he puts the blood in a vial, and threw it to me, "KENJI! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" "Blood loss will leave me unconscious, good luck" "NO! WHA-" I felt a hard tug as the skyhook pulled hard, I flew away, I tried to reach Kenji, who was now on his knees, smiled, and fell to the snow, "NO!!!!" Switzerland was far in view, I yelled, "No, No, No, Why,Why,Why"