TEN / Push & Pull.

CHAPTER TEN( Push & Pull )

CHAPTER TEN
( Push & Pull )

CHA JAEHWA FINDS an eternity in Ahn Suho's eyes. They burn with something too heavy to stomach, and like always, Jaehwa looks away.

That eternity is suffocating — She swallows, but it rises from her throat once more and clogs her jugular with acrid bile.

"What are you doing here?" Suho breaks the silence, breaks the eternity, and lets his eyes wander from Jaehwa to Si-eun.

They look too friendly — Too warm. Ahn Suho scowls.

"Hanging out with a friend." The amnesiac comments mindlessly, gathering enough courage to take a peek at the expression written on Suho's face.

He looks angry, perhaps sad. Most of all, he looks worn out. He looks thin.

Once again, Cha Jaehwa has said the wrong thing and Ahn Suho stares at her silently.

"Since when did you become friends?" He scoffs, sparing a glance at Si-eun. He felt nothing in particular for the shorter boy, only that he seemed to steal Jaehwa for himself.

"Why do you care?" Jaehwa raises a brow, feeling a buildup of pains and aches in the back of her head. Ahn Suho is so difficult, too much to bear.

( She wants to remember, but she no longer wants to ache ).

The taller teen looks at her, hurt etched onto his features. Jaehwa feels a sharp pain in her chest — She knows she has gone too far.

Ahn Suho lets his hurt morph into anger, and he glares at Jaehwa with only small hints of malice. After all, when you know someone as deeply as Ahn Suho knows Cha Jaehwa, hatred isn't an option.

"I don't," He mutters, and he backs away from the door. "Not anymore."

The door shuts with a shuddering thud, and the Yeon house is enveloped in silence.

Yeon Si-eun tenderly looks at Jaehwa, watching her for signs of tears. He hates when people cry, but for her, perhaps he is willing enough to wipe her tears and offer her some comfort.

She doesn't cry, and Si-eun relaxes.

"He doesn't know." Jaehwa feels the need to tell Si-eun, that Ahn Suho is a good person, that he must be confused and angry and hurt — But she can't because he has become calloused and cold and Jaehwa still aches when she sees his face.

Yeon Si-eun nods in understanding. "I know."

"Fuck, I don't know what to do anymore." Jaehwa sighs, bringing her hands to mess up her already messy hair.

The boy shrugs. He doesn't have an answer for her. Instead, they walk back to his room, and Jaehwa makes herself comfortable once more on Si-eun's bed. It feels warmer than before — Homier.