SIX / Perpetual Dreamer.

CHAPTER SIX( Perpetual Dreamer )

CHAPTER SIX
( Perpetual Dreamer )

WHEN THE WORLD breathes a shuddering breath, waking with a rumble, Ahn Suho falters.

His eyes, held down by the lethargic need to consume sleep the way his muscles consume their need to ache, flutter open to greet the morning.

Once again, Cha Jaehwa dances in the darkness behind his corneas, pulling him towards the sweet slumber he tries to escape from.

And, oh, how Ahn Suho hates waking up only to find himself in another nightmare.

The lingering ghost of warm fingers curl through his damp locks of hair. Various strands plaster against his perspiring forehead, and if he so desires, his eyes can make out the faintest outline of a girl pushing those strands away from his face.

( He chooses not to succumb to those desires because Cha Jaehwa is a cold body that lies in the depths of his mind, for it is he who killed her ).

With a groan, he rises from the couch, feeling his bones creak and groan remorsefully. Back aching with more than just last night's workload, Suho brushes off the crumbs embedded onto his shirt with his limp arm.

He yawns, and the sky mimics him with a soft rumble of greeting.

The heaviness of old pain centers hotly against his knee, and it feels almost shattering. Ahn Suho feels, but he wishes that he had lost such an ability years ago.

Perhaps then, he wouldn't return to what he knows will eventually destroy him.

( He does so, anyway, because Cha Jaehwa still holds the part of his life that he loves most. Loved most ).

‎ ‎

‎FOR ALL THE things Cha Jaehwa has accomplished in the past seventeen years of her life, she finds all of them empty meanings written on ink.

It should be a reminder, but they are only a burden. Cha Jaehwa loves what pains her, and fears what loves her.

And it is for that very reason that Cha Jaehwa cannot face Ahn Suho.

( She prefers staring at paintings of him she had previously drawn, when she could recall every mole on his face and every line in his bright smile ).

Jaehwa only ever talks to Ahn Suho in her dreams, when he clings to her so pitifully, tears streaming down his face. She wipes them away, but her fingers are cold, his face is cold, everything is so very cold.

Then she looks back down at Ahn Suho, and finds she is staring down a corpse.

That is when Cha Jaehwa wakes, a panting mess, before pulling herself together and leaving her nightmares to stay as only that — Nightmares.