The younger girl nearly jumped out of her skin at the impact. Now Tex was whining, his brother having called him by his true birth name which often evoked a violent reaction. Tinker in turn apologised in a loving manner in an attempt to rectify his mistake. I never had learned the reason behind the preference of names and truth be told it didn't concern me, it gave me a form of advantage over him, like it had done in the past. Alfredo too did it to press the cowboy's buttons.
"It's okay." I reassured Brittany simply by holding up a scarred hand in an effort to comfort her, "you're okay." A feeble nod was the response I got, it was far from alright but compared to Michelle and 'Ryan' as she had called him we were downright peachy.
"Say, how'd you like to do us the honour of plugging that whore up?" Tink suggested in an effort to appease his younger brother. Part of me was resentful that they hadn't done so sooner due to the screaming from when the nails were hammered into her hands. From then she had accepted the situation was hopeless as she was helpless, it was a sound neither of us in this room needed to hear. "Already dealt with one screamer lately, we don't need another."
"Yes, sir." Tex replied, a loud rip tearing over the voices. "You know we could do the same thing, she won't be needing her tongue."
"Why waste time and manpower boy? This bitch is good for a day, two perhaps. Got better things to do with my time."
"I was just thinkin' for Mama, she's been working awful hard lately keeping an eye on the two little ladies." I narrowed my eyes at the mention of us, the idea that they may just decide to come in and do a headcount.
"You know I wouldn't disappoint Mama, she will have that whore's tongue once she's good and dead." Tinker promised.
"Cut it off just before you kill her, tastes better fresh." Mama's voicebox disagreed simply, "I will take it while the body is warm and she can watch me eat it." Michelle wailed harder, the cries being clear as if she were right beside me. I sucked in a breath before slowly releasing it, I couldn't let it get to me. As awful as it was to admit, she was not my priority.

"Hey Tink, this ones still kicking." Michelle attempted to scream whether it was to Ryan or the situation I didn't know but as the noise became muffled it was clear that the cowboy had followed up on his task of gagging her. Pleading, gasping and screaming behind it, Brittany could only wince more. I remained still awaiting the arrival of the last two family members and any indication of them appearing. With every loud cry that came, I couldn't help but wonder if Brittany's resolve was weakening as she tightened the hold she had on herself and finally turned her head away from mine in voiceless terror.

"I'm here." I reminded her as if it would offer even a shred of comfort in this dismal place. "I'm right here."
"Yippie-yi-yay." Tex taunted before I whispered Brittany's name to alert her of the footsteps coming in our direction along with the humming of the small girl.

Alerted by my warning, she nodded once more and rested her head beneath the crochet blanket just in time for Mama and Heather to appear. The ageing woman possessed the circular device embedded in her throat as the small blonde pushed her further into the room.

"Didn't think we were forgetting about you?" She questioned cynically with a thin raised eyebrow.
"Wishful thinking." I admitted quietly running a hand through my auburn locks. Mama simply shook her head loose strands from her held wispy hair brushed against her face.
"You may wash up for supper when Eddie comes back in. Lord knows what you're scheming. For now..." Pointing at Brittany, Heather walked over to her with a widespread grin across her face clearly revelling in the latest torture and slaughter. "Gently." Mama instructed as Heather seemed to hesitate having second thoughts of whichever wake up method she had decided on. Grudgingly, the blonde girl shook her.
"Wake up silly, you can't sleep all day long." Brittany begrudgingly emerged from her cloth shield. With difficulty she stood, swaying slightly as she composed herself and faced the matriarch. She tried to keep her head up, to try and look strong and defiant but it wavered as Mama tutted at her and shook a finger to scold her.
"Time to wash up." With baby steps she followed the small girl out the room. The wheelchair swayed at her notions until her beady eyes rested on me, pressing down on her voicebox she inspected me like she would prey. "You best be getting ready to say goodbye to your playmate once she pops." I glared at her in response and chewed at the inside of my gum.
"I'm not worried." I replied shrugging and sitting back, my slitted eyes connecting with hers. "It would be Junior you have to convince and he seems pretty smitten."
"Junior is a good boy that does as he's told."
"Not according to Tink." Her eyebrows furrowed as I raised one at her. "Doesn't look like you have as much control as you thought. I bet that hurts." The smack came as swift and sharp as I expected, more than once she had put her hand on me. It stung almost immediately, my cheek throbbing but I refused to show tears or any hints of pain which would give her immense pleasure.
"Not as much as you will when I tell Eddie about your speaking back." Mama threatened sadistically with her hand still raised and ready to strike again if she deemed it necessary. A cold shiver struck my spine, something I swallowed and folded my arms in retaliation trying to conceal the small action which would give away the spike of apprehension I had. I knew I couldn't nurse my cheek without it being obvious that her hit held some bite. Instead I blinked again to compel the small fire that lit my belly and erased my beading tears.
"What more can really be done to me?" I asked, by now I had faced more than plenty of their punishments.
"Plenty." She swore darkly, slowly lowering her hand. "Just you see."