From Home to Abroad

Daria hummed as she packed her bags. She'd be going to a medical conference in Germany, and was rather excited, as it was something she was looking forward to.

She made a mental note that she had everything she needed and zipped up her bag.

A short while later, her Uber arrived, and she took it to the airport.

Once she'd gone through security and the joys of navigating the airport, she waited for her plane.

She boarded once she was able to, and was soon off.

Hours later, the plane landed.

She got off the plane, got her bags, and dropped them off at her hotel, then went to do a little exploration.

As she strolled along the streets, a brunet she'd seen before caught her eye.

Daria ran up to him and gave a little wave. "Hi. I'm not sure if you remember me. I'm Daria."

Bucky stared at her and nodded slowly. "I remember. What are you doing here?"

"Work conference. I won't be here too long if that's what you're worried about."

A small smile crossed his face. "No, I just... It's nice to see you again, Daria."

"You too... Pardon, I forget your name."

"Bucky."

"That's right."

Bucky studied her. "Forgive me, but you look exhausted. Do you, um, maybe want to get coffee or tea? I know a good place."

Daria yawned and nodded. "That'd be great."

Bucky led her to a coffee shop he frequented and insisted on buying her drink and pastry, which she had some objection to, but he wouldn't hear otherwise.

Though she wouldn't admit it, at least not yet, Daria did appreciate his insistence to pay for her.

The conversation was infrequent, a little awkward, but Daria didn't necessarily mind it. She'd had far worse things in her days as a nurse.

And, for the first time, Daria could see the potential for something, which both excited and terrified her.