Chapter 24

I was groggy and absolutely tired, but I couldn't go back to sleep, I could hear Miane talking with someone outside the door,

" The Princess needs her rest! You must let her have it!" she said indignantly, " As Annerose and I are acquaintances of the Princess, we have every right to visit and see her"I recognized the voice of Countess Eden immediately, why was she here with Nieje? " Let them in Miane!" I called out, Miane was startled to see me awake " Oh, if you must," she said and opened the door.

My guess had been right, it indeed was Countess Eden, with her lush auburn hair down in long waves and her dreamy green eyes glancing over me concerningly. Even though she was from the highly disliked House Of Cavier, I was surprised when Isla told me that she was getting married to a low-born war hero. I thought she'd get married to a Prince at least, seeing how absolutely pretty she was. Of course, we knew it was a forced marriage, Count Cavier had married his only daughter to Riftan Arrow because he wanted Riftan to fight the legendary dragon Ruha on his behalf in exchange for Eden.

" How're you Sooji?" asked Annerose, " We've been so worried!" she said." I'm fine, but what happened in the after-party?" I asked them, looking at Annerose and Eden to read their expressions.

" All the chandeliers were coming crashing down one by one," said Eden finally, " And there was an attack by a large group of Feyrians" added Nieje, " I don't know anything else because Riftan had picked me up the next second," Eden told us, I just nodded, and my last night encounter with Hyuntae floods back, I need to question Miane after this conversation.

" Are you alright Sooji? " asked Nieje" Fine, thank you," I mumbled, and Annerose and Eden exchanged glances as if they were waiting for something. " We'll leave you alone then," Annerose finally said " Me and Riftan are leaving for his estate in a few hours," said Eden, " Come to say goodbye okay?" And they both leave.

" Miane? " I called out " Who brought me from the party hall last night? " I asked," Oh, it was King Hyuntae," she said, " Very nice of him to notice you were missing and check on you" " Yeah I guess," I didn't think much about it and rolled to my side and slept.

I was rudely awakened by Ruby, saying that Eden was leaving in about 20 minutes. She quickly got me ready at a surprisingly fast speed. Isla had come to visit and waited for me to finish, then, we both walked down to the castle grounds.

The morning air was crisp and cool as the sun began its ascent over the horizon, casting a golden hue across the castle grounds. Isla and I stood at the edge of the courtyard, the tension palpable in the wake of the previous night's chaos. Eden, her expression a mix of frustration and determination, stood beside a sturdy horse, her gaze scanning the area with a furrowed brow. We immediately ran towards her. Nieje and Annerose took it upon themselves to interrogate her about the lack of a carriage.

"The Feyrian bandits smashed down our carriage," she lamented, her voice tinged with annoyance. "So I'm going horseback behind Riftan since we don't have extra horses. Oh, Riftan's coming," she added, a sense of urgency and relief creeping into her tone as she turned her head sharply towards the towering gates of the castle.

Riftan stood tall and imposing, his presence exuding a commanding aura that demanded attention. His features were chiseled and angular.Riftan's muscular frame was a sight. His broad shoulders seemed to carry the weight of the world, each muscle defined with a rugged strength that spoke of countless battles fought and won. I think he could maybe defeat Hyuntae in a matter of strength.