Roman

It's not the first time that I am going for a charity gala,it's just I don't like being there

It's not the first time that I am going for a charity gala,it's just I don't like being there.It is a pure waste of time.Given that I always have a lot on my plate to deal with.
Adding a charity gala to it is not a great thing and talking about raising fund for marine species and coral reefs,I don't really give a fuck.Its true that my company raises millions of fund for it but it's not worth my time.
I was going to decline the invite ever so 'politely'.

Then Maria's words clicked my mind.Except for her job as an legal advisor she also work as an amazing PR consultant.She said that making an appearance at such events is going to be beneficial for the image of our company.Afterall showing yourself compassionate for the planet is the best way to 'public's compassion' for us.

And making the best use of this gala..I can also make an public appearance with my fiancee.Then my impromptu wedding wouldn't look so impromptu and gain less suspicion.

"Coming!"A voice came from the other side as I knocked the door.
In few seconds the door opened.
Again?
My hand curled into a fist as my side.
Standing there infront of me was Catalina Jones in those obnoxious shorts with dishaveled hair again.
Goodness! She really finds ways to get on my nerve.
A frown formed on her forehead looking at me.
"What do you want?"
After taking a complete look of her I finally settled my eyes on her and if I am not wrong then she ....squirmed.
"Who is it Lina?"Another feminine voice came and next it was the same girl I saw in the cafe and her eyes widened looking at me.
"No one important, Lily"She tighten her jaw saying that.
"Is your fiance not important to you Catalina?"
She gulped and looked the other way.
I turned to Olivia,who was standing silently beside me.
I took the boxes out of her grasp and shoved it in Catalina's hand.
"What is this?"
"Your outfit for the gala.You have..."I took a glance of my watch.
"Twenty minutes...Get ready fast.."
She opened and closed her mouth like a flustered fish.
"Didn't I already said that I am not coming??"
"You did and I decided against it."So get ready.
"I said...I.am.not.coming"Her voice raised a little.
"Okay.So about your cafe....."
"She will be ready quickly."Her friend..Lily or whatever her name was took her away from there while she continued to glare.

"And Catalina."
Her steps halted but she didn't turn.
"Don't you ever.Raise your voice at me.You won't like the consequences."
Her friend whispered something in her ears and took her upstairs.
After they left I welcome myself inside the cozy house.
It was spacious and comfortable.
Everything arranged neatly.On the side of the hall there was a book shelf.
I made my self comfortable on the couch.
Something soft touched my shoes... something like a ball of white fur.
It was a cat.
I moved my shoe to remove the cat from it.But the cat was sticking to it.It looked up to me and made a sound and her head towards the other side.
She was looking at the table which had a bowl of peas on it.
I took the bowl and kept in on the floor.
The cat made another sound before devouring the peas in her bowl.
And after finishing it rubbed its furry cheek on my palm.
"What do you want?"My eyes narrowed in confusion.
The thing came closer to me..
"Look..."
"Iris!"Catalina came into my view.
Fuck!

Heat rushed in my blood at the sight of her

She looked devourable in that dress.
It was perfect fit for her perfect body.
Every movement of her body screamed elegance.Always.
In this dress it just got even more enhanced.
"Come here!"She ordered the cat.
And it ran to her jumping in her arms.
She shot me a look.
Her hands gently combed the fur of that cat and she kissed it.She fucking kissed the cat on her furry back.
I didn't had any problem with that animal.Until now.

"I don't have all the day."I stood up.
"Why are you even inside my house.I don't remember inviting you in."She ignored my words.
"I didn't invite you in my company either.Guess both of us don't wait for invites."
"You-"
"Sir.We will get late."Olivia came to the door again.
I nodded and not bothering taking her with me.

----------------------------------
Seventeen minutes.
These were the hardest seventeen minutes of my life.
Sitting next to this woman while she wore that slit dress which exposed one of her beautiful long legs was a misery in disguise.
While she pretended I didn't even exist in the car while she sat next to me and continued to talk to Olivia who was in the front seat..next to Driver's.
The curious glint in her eyees while she asked about gala to Olivia was irresistable.
The patience was running thin...I don't know thin on what?? Or what will happen if it ends.

Next thing was us standing inside the hall where the Gala was suppposed to be held.
There was still time left for fundraising event so everyone was busy interacting with each other.
"Roman!"Alessandro came into my view.
His eyes danced between me and the woman next to me who is now my fiancee.
"May I know who this beautiful lady is."He was pretending.
"She is my fiancee."I involuntarily stepped closer to her and the flowery smell of her hair hit my nostrils.
And thank goodness that my hands were inside my pocket because...they flexed...

"You got yourself luck Roman."His words looked so friendly and amiable.
"Alessandro Micello."He forwarded his hand
She looked it for a second and a gentle smile came on her face before she gave his hand.
"Catalina Jones."
Why is it so fucking infuriating.
Instead of shaking hands , Alessandro kissed her knuckles....
Fire erupted in my mind..my body...everywhere at the site of the connection of his lips to her knuckles
The fucking audicity!!!!!!!
"It's sorry thing that you got a robot for a fiancee.."My eyes narrowed
He is definately trying to get a rise of out of me...and my so damn definately trying not to break his face.

A soft velvety chuckle brushed my ears.
And I gaped her  like an idiot would
The sound did something to my insides and I hated it.
She never so much as smiled in my presence... atleast not a real one and this fucker here is getting to witness that sound.

Not that you have given her a reason or something.
The voice in my head said.
Not that I care or something...
I retorted back to the voice.

"Looks like you know him well."Her words directed to Alessandro.
"Oh believe me...I do.."Amusement visible in his voice when he looked at me.
"We have 'important' people to meet..so if you can excuse us.."My phone ringed at the worst timing
"Looks like you are busy..."He glanced at the phone in my hand.
"I would love to give you a company Catalina while Roman is busy with his work calls..I hope you don't mind."

"Not at all..."Another smile pulled her lips and next was her giving me a devilish look.
The only sign that she was aware of my presence.

I picked up the call while my eyes burned hole in their back.
Alessandro thinks that I am silent because I couldn't do anything but that is where he is wrong.
It's going to be a long....long night