37 ― carol of cobras.

Start from the beginning

The front door swung open. Decha turned his entire body around at the sound, seeing Tory walk in with Achara and two other Cobra Kais behind her. Achara stood next to Tory, staring directly at Decha with a scowl. Decha stared back at her, inhaling a sharp breath. He watched as her eyes shifted away from him, landing on Sam and Miguel.

"Heard you were throwing a party," Tory was the first to speak. "Hope you don't mind if we crash."

"Achara, Tory, you don't have to do this," Miguel tried to reason with them.

"This isn't who you are," Decha added. "You're better than this, Achara."

Achara glanced back and forth between Miguel and Decha. She didn't have the chance to react Tory's voice rang out once more.

"It's too late. This ends tonight," Tory spoke before yelling, "No mercy!"

As they started to approach them, Decha turned to Achara, noticing her hesitate before she started to move. He stepped backwards, bumping into Demetri as he watched Achara punch one of the Miyagi-Do boys in the face. She stared down at him for a split second, almost as if she didn't want to hit him, but she didn't stop. She just kept fighting whoever came in her path.

Decha felt someone grab his arm. He didn't even have the chance to completely turn around before a boy from Cobra Kai punched him in the nose. Decha struck him in the face with his fist. When he stumbled back, he kicked him in the abdomen. He gave him no time to recuperate before kicking him again in the shoulder. The boy groaned, falling back into the ground, his body smacking against the hardwood floor.

Decha looked over his shoulder, searching for Demetri, but he was no longer behind him. When he turned back around, he was instantly met with the face of another Cobra Kai student who was running towards him. As he approached him, Decha leaned over, causing the boy to roll over his back and onto the floor next to the other boy.

Decha started to run, ducking punches that were thrown his way. A fist almost collided his jaw, but he moved his head just in time, bending his back to avoid being hit. When he adjusted his posture upright, he swung his arm upward, his fist striking the side of a boy's head.

Decha found Demetri kneeling on the ground in front of a chair. Decha extended his hand out, pulling Demetri up. "Dem, come on. Get up."

Decha felt his arm being yanked and he was pulled back. Decha turned his head, seeing a boy standing behind him, pulling him by the arm.

As the lights suddenly turned off, Decha jabbed his elbow into the boy's ribcage, causing him let go of his arm. The boy regained his balance, stepping forward. Decha took a few steps back, but then felt a foot collide with his back. He tumbled forward, straight into the boy who stood in front of him.

He shoved Decha to the side, thrusting him forward and pushing him into the glass window. His arm was crushed between and window the weight of his torso. He was pulled back from the window, the guy who kicked him gripping into the collar of his shirt. As he let go, tossing him to the side, Decha's body twisted slightly, causing his to stumble. He tried to brace his fall, extending his arms out.

But he didn't brace himself fast enough. Between the force of the fall and losing his balance due to still being slightly drunk, all of Decha's body weight was pushed to one side. His left elbow banged against the hardwood floor. A sharp pain shot through his elbow, surging down his arm.