SIX: Thank You Zane

Kawaii-Chan's POV:

"Again! Again!" Levin shouted, I laughed as I flicked my fingers and created a small water slide out of the water and swirled it up into a spiral for Levin and Malachi.

Lifting Levin and Malachi up, I set them on the slides and they went flying down it giggling loudly as they crashed back into the ocean where Aphmau was.

She started laughing as I let the water fall back into the ocean with them, Aphmau smiled at me as she watched Levin and Malachi swim around her in the swallow part.

I had come across them a few hours ago and decided to spend some time with them for a little bit before I'd go on with my day but I couldn't join them in the water.

My ears shot up at the sound of footsteps and I turned around, my eyes searching the forest before I calmed down when I seen Laurance and Garroth walking towards us.

"Kawaii-Chan, Talulla is looking for you" Garroth said, I nodded my head quickly and bid goodbye to everyone as I ran past them and into the forset again.

I was going to help Talulla with some final things while Aphmau had a day off and I could handle it on my own so I told her everything would be okay.

Ducking under a few branches, I huffed when one smacked me in the face and shook my head, rubbing my nose as I walked out onto the pathway near my house.

Walking around the corner, I skipped up the stairs and smiled at everyone I passed by as they continued on with their day and I seen Levi heading to his shift.

High Priest Zane had been in Phoenix Drop for a day now and everyone seemed to have calmed down unless they accidentally bumped into him or almost did.

Letting out a gasp when I tripped over something, I hit the ground and groaned as I looked up hearing evil giggles, sitting up I looked to see a rope out across the pathway.

Following it, I seen Brain and Alexis giggling evily in the bush nearby, I shook my head at them but I couldn't stop myself from smiling as they ran off quickly laughing.

Sitting up on my knees, I grabbed my basket and started picking everything back up carefully.

"Are you alright?" Jumping, I looked up to see High Priest Zane standing there looking down at me with his guards just a foot away from us, I smiled hoping he couldn't see how nervous I was and nodded my head.

"I'm okay, thank you for asking High Priest" Can he tell I was nervous, I really hope not, he kneeled down in front of me and started grabbing some things for me.

"Call me Zane. No need for High Priest, Lady Kawaii-Chan" He said, I made eye contact with him and stared at him for a moment realizing how close he was to me.

"Of course Zane, apologies" He set everything back into the basket and stood up, reaching a hand out towards me, I stared at it for a moment before sliding my hand into his.

I ignored the butterflies as he helped me up off the ground, wiping the dirt off my dress, I looked back up at him and smiled softly at him feeling a little calmer.

"Thank you Zane" He nodded his head.

"Oh perfect! You two already found each other!" I looked over to see Talulla jogging towards us with a smile on her face, I smiled back at her and held onto the basket.

"Found each other?" I questioned as Talulla reached us, she looked at me confused and pointed in the direction that Garroth and Laurance had gone off in when they found Aphmau and I with the boys.

"I thought Garroth and Laurance would tell you, I'm meeting with you and the high priest to talk some more. I thought it'd be easier if I just spoke to you both at the same time" She said, I nodded my head.