ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝔽𝕠𝕦𝕣, 𝔾𝕚𝕗𝕥

"Where the hell is everyone" you scoffed, walking down the halls, not seeing a single servant or guard.

Suddenly you bumped into Nobara, holding a tower of plates- now shattered to the ground, falling on her ass- "HEY- Look where you're- Oh. Y/n" Nobara huffed, her tone easing down as she noticed you.

"Oh, god- the plates" Nobara gasped, looking down at the ground, shards of white, golden detailed plates spread all over the floor. "I'm so sorry- I'll help you clean it" you apologized, getting on your knees to carefully pick up the shards into your palm.

"What exactly were you doing, I don't usually see you do any housework" you commented, slightly laughing at the memories of Nobara making Yuuji do her chores.

"Well, It's not by choice. The whole house is calling for an all-hands-on-deck situation because of the dinner tonight" Nobara explained, helping you pick up the fragments of glass off the floor.

"What makes a dinner so special that everyone's losing their head over it" you questioned. You noticed that Nobara shifted her attention to you, forgetting about her duty, looking at you as if you just said one of the most heinous things she'd ever heard.

"What? Did I say something wrong?" you repeated, concerned about why the tone of the conversation shifted so drastically. Nobara took a moment to close her eyes, taking a deep breath, most likely fighting back the urge to punch the 'stupid' out of you.

"Today is Megumi's birthday and every night on his birthday, the Zenin family throws a dinner. Which is what everyone is so busy preparing for. " Nobara explained.

"So you're telling me that I was the only person that didn't know it was Megumi's birthday?"

"Your words, not mine"

"And that I'm going to meet the entire family tonight?" You asked, dumbfounded.

"Atta girl, Y/n. Now you're all caught up" Nobara laughed, lightly hitting your back.

"This isn't funny, Nobara! Maki or Mai could snap me in half without breaking a sweat and much as it pains me to say this- they're considered to be borderline rejects in their family. So what does that exactly say about the members that are actually respected?" you ranted, aggressively picking up the glass off the floor, trying to focus your anger onto cleaning.

"Y/n, I didn't mean it in that way. This whole place just messes with you "Nobara apologized, embarrassed she took out her frustration on you.

You sighed, cooling your thoughts, "Yeah... I know it's just not easy-" you yelped as you felt a shard of glass slice your palm, instinctively, forming a fist to deal with the stinging pain.

"Shit- did you just cut your hand? Just hold on. I'll help wrap it up for you" Nobara sighed, helping you back on your feet, starting to lead you down the hall.

"W-what about the glass?" you yelped, Nobara's hand around your wrist, in the process of dragging you to a room.

"Oh? Right- the glass. ITADORI! CLEAN UP THE GLASS FOR US!" Nobara shouted, stopping in her tracks.

"Oh for crying out loud! This is the last time I'm doing this for you!" You heard a distant Yuuji shout.

---

You sat on your bed, injured palm extended towards Nobara as she bandaged it, the other hand holding your face, elbow on your lap.

"How come you didn't tell me earlier that it'd be Megumi's birthday today" you asked.

"Well, it hasn't been easy exactly getting a conversation with you, Maki, or Mai dragging you into some stupid wedding practice session. And besides, I figured they'd tell you" Nobara sighed.