001

It's summer, the chill breeze brushes my skin and the sun blisters my face and back. Peace fills the air. I run my fingers across the flowers as I walk down a path. The sun flirts with the sky and the flowers dance to the song of love.

" Jesus jay! Stop! " Jayson is my little brother, the pain in my ass for the past 12 years of my life. He climbs out of the pool in our neighbors backyard and walks inside. Meeting 'wheezie' (Louisa) inside. I put my book down and check my phone.

I respond to my friends and text my boyfriend to see what he has planned for the day. 'Hey jayj doing anything today? Maybe we can hit the beach 🏝️ ☀️ 😎' I get no response so I head through the gate, back into my house. Rafe- our neighbor is playing call of duty with my older brother wyliam. They scream and bicker and my brother notices me starting to walk up the stairs.

" hey, Annie I'm heading to a party at 8 do you want to ride with us " he's still focused on the game at hand. Wyliam knows I don't really party, but for the first party of the year... I may let loose a little.

" maybe, hey maybe we can take a picture of this for our summer project rafe. " I hang off the stairs and look down at the boy on the table. Wyliam groans as their team loses. Rafe leans back and sets the controller down. " you were actually planning on doing that sully? "

I hate the nickname he gave me ' sully ' but now since he called me sully in school last year. That's what eeevrrybody calls me. Aside from my friends of course. " yes, yes I was raunchy. just for your information I actually like keeping a 3.0 gpa " I sass him and continue to walk up the stairs.

" go put some damn clothes on before I have to go out in public with you Ainsley! " my brother yells up the stairs " oh yeah? " I reach through the railing to the upper level and grab a sock and ball it up to throw it at him but it hits rafe in the face. " oh shit. " he grabs the sock and starts to run after me but I bolt up the stairs and run into my room, giggling and yelling stop! And then shutting my door before he gets to me. The door handle jiggles and I hear him scoff. With a thud down the stairs I chill in my room before I get ready at 7.

"Jesus can you hurry up Annie, I have to piss. " wyl yells and tries to drag Ainsley out of the bathroom by her shirt. " fine! Fine! I'm done! But if my makeup sweats off and I look like an oil painting in summer it's all your fault. " I point a finger in his face. I shut the door on the way out and put on my sandals. I'm not wearing socks and sneakers because I'm not fucking with a sand blister on the first day of summer break.

We pile into rafes clunky diesel truck ' the beater ' and ride down to the boneyard. " remember- don't drink from anyone else's cup, no drugs, and don't go home with anyone I don't know " wyliam tells the girl before she cracks open the two nips they had taken from their parents 'reserve' which means it's either nasty as fuck but will get the job done, or will get you drunker than a piss pot.

Annie looks around for her boyfriend who she assumed was going to be here since his group threw the party and he never misses out on a good rager. She goes up to where the keg stand in and see's a familiar looking boy pouring drinks. She slides a hand up his back and turns beside him. " hey babe " he passes the spout off to John b and turns towards me. " hey baby " he places a warm kiss on my lips before pulling away " you never texted me back, Everything okay? " I ask him and he looks away for a second at something then looks back.

" yeah just got a little busy, hey I'll find you later- have some fun tonight " he walks backwards and then into a crowd of people. I whish my hands a little then walk over to kie who's sitting by a fire and talking to a bunch of girls. " hey Kie " I sit next to her and she doesn't stop talking but just reaches into a cooler and pulls out a bottle and hands it to me, then she looks at me to only say " hey " and continues with her conversation. Uhm, okay?