Temari gazes around and I activate my Earth Release Sensing Jutsu. I can feel Shikamaru hiding in the trees behind the blonde. Temari faces where she thinks he is and holds her fan in front of her.

Ino enthusiastically cheers, fist pumping, "Go for it, Shikamaru!! Use your super awesome technique on her and take her down!!"

I hear chewing a voice asks, "Yo. Is this seat taken?"

"Huh?" Ino and I glance over to see Chōji there, eating a bay of barbecue chips. "I thought you were in the hospital. Your stomach's okay now?"

Ino lowers her arm as Choji hums. He sits next to Ino after dumping a bag of chips. Choji questions, "What's up? I thought Sasuke's match was supposed to be next?"

Ino gasps and shushes the Akimichi. We gaze at Sakura to see a depressed expression on her features as she rests her chin on her folded arms on her knees.

Ino assures the pinkette, "Oh, I'm sure Sasuke's fine! He'll be here any minute now!"

Ino gains an exasperated expression when Sakura's doesn't change.

Choji says, "Hm. I never expected to see Shikamaru in the Finals. Weird." He pops a chip in his mouth.

Ino demands with a raised eyebrow, "What do you mean? Come on! Shikamaru may not have as much fighting spirit as some other people, and okay, his technique is pretty lousy, but he's strong at strategy." She looks back at the arena. "So strong, in fact, that without him, we might not have gotten through the Preliminary Round."

"Maybe," Choji mutters as he puts the packet to his mouth and swallows more chips.

Ino adds, "What's more, you should've seen how he threw himself into the arena!" Choji pops the chip packet. "I'm telling you, Choji, he seems unusually aggressive. I think he's going to show us his passionate side today!" She fist pumps once again. "Yeah!! Go, Shikamaru!!"

Naruto cheers, leaning an arm on the railing, "Get your butt in gear! Let's go, Shikamaru!"

Shikamaru gets to his feet and grins, as though he has an idea.

This seems to piss Temari off because she calls, "Ninja Art: Wind Scythe Jutsu!!" She gives a mighty swing of her fan and sends a torrent of wind for her opponent. Shikamaru holds his arms up to shield himself as the wind tears through the trees and rips into the arena walls. It even lopped off a tree branch.

Temari rests her fan on the ground as dust floats by. She suddenly gasps as a shadow shoots for her. Clenching her teeth, the blue eyed girl backflips a few times. When she stops, Temari takes a couple of shaky steps back, tensing as the shadow reaches her. However, it stops mere inches of trapping Temari before it recedes back to Shikamaru.

 However, it stops mere inches of trapping Temari before it recedes back to Shikamaru