Row-Row-Row your boat gently down the stream

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Mmm..." Armin flinched when he heard you starting to stir in your sleep, letting out a small tired moan as your eyes fluttered open slowly. "A...Armin...?" You spoke tiredly as you sat up in your seat and rubbed your eyes.

"Oh." Armin started. "You're awake." He sounded a tad bit disappointed that he didn't get to hold your hand like he wanted to as his brows furrowed.

"W-Where are we..?" You questioned.

"We're on the boats. We have to leave in order for our safety after the titans got through the wall." Armin explained.

"What about Eren and Mikasa..? Are they okay..?" You asked worriedly.

"Yeah. I think. I saw them get into a boat but they looked really depressed."

You looked down at your lap with a saddened expression. You wanted to know if your parents were okay but you were spilt away from them without an answer to receive.

"If you're thinking about your parents..." Armin started, making you turn and look at him. Armin stared at you for awhile before continuing. " there's a good chance that they might be dead. " He said blankly. You looked at him with widened eyes at what he said. You knew that he wasn't the best when it comes to mind but him just saying that with such a blank expression just made you so uncomfortable and even more upset.

"... yeah. Thanks for saying the obvious." You said sarcastically before turning away from him in your seat.

Fuck. Why did he say that? Why did he just allow those words to leave his mouth like that? He wanted to apologize to you for his carelessness but he just couldn't... why did those words slip out of his mouth like that? He wanted to comfort you, really! He didn't mean for those words to just—now he too felt like shit. He gnawed at his bottom lip anxiously. What should he say? Should he try to apologize? But what if you don't forgive him at all?

...

He thinks it's best to leave you alone for now.

~

After awhile out on the boat, you and Armin finally reconnected with Mikasa and Eren. Honestly, you haven't even realized that they were even on the same long boat as you due to how heartbroken and worried you felt. You hadn't gotten up out of your seat at all... all you could do was listen to the rants of survivors on the boat.

"Eren if it helps, I can show you some cutting rituals." Armin volunteers to Eren but only to receive him getting shoved away. You furrowed your eyes at Armin's words about cutting rituals.

"My mother was pure until today!" Eren said as he frowned and tears swelled up in his eyes as he gripped the ledge if the boat angrily. "It's the titans fault." He murmured through his tears as they rolled down his cheeks. "It's the titans fault that she slept with Hannes, and did all those other things." He gritted his teeth. "If the titans hadn't invaded today, my mother never would have done those things years ago..." You shuffled slowly out of your seat and walked over to Eren, realizing his distress. "I will kill all titans."

"Eren calm down, this is just a phase." Mikasa said plainly.

"IT IS NOT A PHASE, MIKASA! I WILL KILL ALL TITANS!" Eren shouted as more tears ran down his face.

You gently placed your hand on his shoulder. "Eren," you said gently spoke. "listen to me, okay? I know it's hard, I know that everything has happened so quickly." You explained softly to him. "I don't even know where my parents are—i'm left without answers. I'm sorry that your mom was a stripper, that must feel horrible to learn that about her." You said. "But the least that we can do for now is stay put. We just have to hope for the best even though it's hard. It'll be okay." You gently pulled down your sleeve and wiped away Eren's tears firmly.