╠65╣

" and the winner is Ares "
The host merrily announced as he pointed towards ares .

" I told you that he'd win "
Curtis told Cassius.

" how were you so sure ? I though the tiger had clear advantage over that wolf " Cassius thought .

" no , you should've seen his determination from the start "
Curtis said .

" whatever "
Cassius sighed.

These two had been betting on who would win ever since the fight started . Curtis said that ares would win and Cassius said the same thing for Luca.  And in the end Curtis won the bet.

This duel had interesting rules actually,  a male could choose to court the female he wants . It felt like there was still some gender equality left in this world . All the beastmen who take part are not committed.

Azura looked at Luca laying on the battle ground unconscious as someone came and helped to take him to the healer .

If Asher and the others were here then azura was sure that they'd be betting on the same thing , half would support ares and half would support Luca.

" it's okay Cassius,  it happens "
Azura said when he found Cassius sulking , he looked cute for a while .

" humph "
Cassius said as they all looked at the battle grounds again.

" now is the time for our winner to choose the female he'd like to court "
The host declared and the crowd was filled with whispers,  all the females wondering who will the handsome wolf choose?

" I really have to choose ? "
Ares asked .

" yes , it's in the rules "
The host said and ares nodded .

He actually entered this competition for fighting only .

But something or someone changed his mind and here he was .

Azura and the leopard queen were eagerly watching too .

Then , area looked over to the direction azura was sitting at and pointed his hand towards her ,

" her "
He said and the crowd again cheered,  the males were congratulating ans Praising ares and the females were disappointed and looked over to azura who was chosen.  The males were glad that their females weren't chosen .

Meanwhile azura was processing everything that was happening .

" did he point towards me ? "
She asked no one in particular.

" yes darling "
Curtis and Cassius said in unison .

" so ? What do you think about him ? " Leopard queen said.

It was as if everyone was looking at her with anticipation. 

" you don't have a wolf mate do you ? "
Victor asked and azura shook her head  .

" then I guess you could accept him if you want to "
Lante said .

" don't feel pressured to do it if you don't want to , say no if you feel like it "
Damien said .

Azura looked over to where Curtis and Cassius were standing .

" it's your choice "
Cassius said .

" I'm sure none of us would mind . He seems sincere  , if you may not have noticed , he's got his eyes on you since the duels started "
Curtis said and azura was shocked.

She had no idea about this actually .

" I see then "
Azura took a deep breath before she got up and replied with a smile .

" yes "

Azura and her mates were walking home right now,  Curtis and Cassius both insisted azura to let them carry her but azura seemed eager to walk by herself today .

Ares was following them to their house .

Azura had bid her parents farewell, they all congratulated her for a new family member .

" umm , can I ask you a question ? "
Ares said and they all halted  .

" who me ? "
Azura pointed towards herself.

" yes , you "
Ares said .

" go on ! " azura said .

Curtis and Cassius silently watching them talk .

" why did you accept me ? I mean, did you accept me because you couldn't turn me down in front of the masses or you Actually accepted me because you wanted to ? "
Area said .

Well , azura knew where he was coming from .

Her face did looked just like that when he announced that he wanted her , she sure took her time fixing that expression of hers before she agreed .

Of course she wanted him , all the females were dying to get chosen by him and he chose her , that made her feel special and she didn't have a wolf mate at all , so having him around was purely for her own interests and good .

He was so handsome, all of her mates were .

" no , I accepted you because I wanted to " azura said and ares sighed in relief knowing that she accepted him by her own free will and wasn't under any type of pressure .

" you're one nice guy , we trust you "
Curtis said as they all again started walking .

" I'm glad .."
Ares hesitantly said .

Curtis was a feral and so was Cassius but they were so chill with him being around their female . And he could tell that azura surely had more males too and they were all really strong men . He could feel the intensity of their auras .

" hmm ? So , I guess Curtis and ares can go home , Cassius,  let's go for a walk towards the lake , I feel like bathing there ! "
Azura said and the men nodded .

" I see , I'll surely take him home "
Curtis said as he grabbed ares and again started walking towards their house .

No one was getting sleep anyways,  it would dawn soon .

She could sleep if she wanted to but this was more important.

" Let's go ! "
Cassius said .

" sure "
She didn't know why that excuse but it seemed usable anyway.

[ A/n : don't mind me updating a lot ! I'm having a brainstorm , I'm afraid it's now or never type of situation for me ]