Love In The Hallway

Start from the beginning

Lightning cracked again.

"Master Wu, when did you get on board?" Nya asked.

Master Wu didn't turn around to face Nya. Instead, he continued to focus his gaze, like there was something out there that no one else could see. He tapped his staff on the deck floor lightly, "I've always been here, with Pixal. We were checking on the controls. But before we could do anything, you rushed on board and took off."

"What? But I didn't even see you or Pixal when I started up the thrusters!" Lloyd exclaimed.

"Hm, maybe it's because your eyesight's getting worse." Master Wu joked. Lloyd's mouth hung wide open and scoffed, he just couldn't believe that his master could still joke at a time like that.

"We were just standing by the door. You rushed in and seemingly in a hurry to leave. I suppose you missed us." Pixal walked out onto the deck, dressed in her Samurai X battle suit. She found Zane and gave him a warm smile, though, she found it weird that he didn't return the smile. He just stood there, staring at her as if she's an anomaly.

What is wrong with him?

Lloyd seemed to have also noticed this, but he kept it smartly to himself. That is, depends how you look at it. It wouldn't be smart for a loudmouth like Jay.

"Well, I guess it's not bad to have you two with us." Nya chimed in. "Neon might be only one person, but she's strong enough to overthrow all of us if we're not careful."

Upon mentioning Neon, Master Wu's expression turned dark. He looked away and went back inside the ship without another word. Everyone knew better than to chase after him. Even though it was sort of the master's fault that they even got into this mess in the first place, but Master Wu felt guilty enough that he lost another student of his. Especially when it's his doing that made her leave.

"Let's not mention her in front of Master Wu for now..." Lloyd suggested, no one seemed to rejected the idea and nodded. No one would like it if Master Wu decided to have a mental breakdown in the middle of a fight with Neon like: I was wrong! Please forgive me! and then proceeds to get slapped in the face by said girl.

Kai sighed. "He's gonna have to face his mistakes one way or another."

"That's funny coming from you." Lloyd countered, the edge of his lips curling into a smirk.

"Hey, who's side are you on?"

•••
Warning: Hot scene incoming

It was unlikely of Zane to be talking to himself, especially not when he's standing in front of the sleeping cabin, as if in a trance, his artic-glowing eyes did not notice Cole coming from the end of the hall.

At first, the raven-haired wondered if he was talking to someone on his earpiece, but then realised he wasn't even wearing his gi-mask. Of course, everyone knew well that in order to actually communicate with your teammates, you'd have to he wearing your gi-mask because the earpiece was installed inside the mask.

Cole found it weird and when he heard Zane saying, "Yes, I will not fail." he started getting the stupid idea of Zane actually boosting his own confidence by talking to himself.

He just stood there at the end of the hallway, examining his nindroid friend from afar. Now, that's not stalking or eavesdropping if you're standing in the open. (Zane still didn't notice him) Yeah, totally.

"Trust me, we are heading there as we speak. I will make sure they will not be able to escape once you activate the gas." Zane reassured to no one in particular. Cole listened, his feet somehow glued to the floor. He couldn't move. He tried to process the words he'd just heard. Escape? Who? Them? The ninja? Who's activating what gas? Why was he talking as if he's about to betray them?