Dad beat dad

(Small retcon, Y/N died on October 28, 2017, at the age of 25.)

Then

Y/N stands in the bathroom, his young face filled with curiosity as he watches his uncle Dominic work on the plumbing. His siblings, Zack, Kimberly, and newborn Tommy, are nearby, their wide eyes mirroring Y/N's fascination.

Their dad, John, kneels beside them, his hands busy with the pipes as he explains the intricacies of plumbing and repairs. His voice is patient and gentle, filled with the warmth of a father sharing his knowledge with his children.

John: Now, see here, kids, this pipe connects to the showerhead. And if it gets clogged, like it did last time, all we need to do is remove it and clean it out. It's important to keep an eye on these things, so we can fix them before they become bigger problems.

Dominic: So, why are we all crammed in here doing work on the bathroom?

John: Well, it needed repairs. That's all.

Dominic gives John a look, one eyebrow raised in skepticism, clearly not buying the simple explanation. After a moment of silence, John lets out a sigh, admitting the real reason behind their bathroom gathering.

John: Alright, alright. Truth is, it's one of the only places where we can find some peace. Your sister-in-law has been... let's say, extremely vigilant with her mom visiting, watching over everything like a hawk. And, well, Harold's situation isn't helping things either.

Dominic scoffs at the mention of their brother Harold's controversial relationship, his distaste for the situation evident on his face.

Dominic: Harold and his... choices. I swear, it's like he's going through some mid-life crisis on steroids. Dating a twenty-year-old at his age—it's just wrong. The dude is fifty. The whole family's talking about it.

John: We've tried talking to Harold and Shelly, you know? Tried to get them to see reason. But it's like talking to a wall. Worst than talking to a brick wall. At least a brick wall doesn't listen to you until you to... well with the kids here I can't say it.

Dominic: Because they're being stupid, that's why. Honestly, is 911 the right number for ordering a straight jacket? Because it feels like we're dealing with lunatics here.

John: As much as you might wish it, we can't have them committed, Dom. And since Shelly's a legal adult, they're not breaking any laws. It's a mess, but our hands are tied.

Y/N: Is that why you tripped Shelly at the zoo, Uncle Dom?

Dominic: Tripped? Oh, my dear nephew, it was a mere coincidence that her foot tripped on mine. And her subsequent tumble into the alligator pit? A tragic misstep, I assure you.

John was giving Dominic a look

John: Dom, 'coincidence' doesn't quite cover putting your foot up to her face, shoving her down, and shouting 'It's chow time, boys!' as she was trying to scramble out.

Dominic smirked.

Dominic: In the heat of the moment, one might get carried away with theatrics. But, honestly, who could have predicted such a dramatic interpretation of 'watch your step'?

John rolled his eyes and went back to fixing the pipe.

John: Hey, Dom, you think we should—

Zack: Um, Dad? It kinda looks like you're doing it wrong...

John: Oh, don't worry, kiddo. I know what I'm doing.

As John continues to work on the pipes, there's a sudden burst of water as the pipe gives way, spraying water everywhere. Dominic busted out laughing. John stares at the burst pipe, dumbfounded and speechless, as water continues to gush out, drenching everything in its path.