Radio Killed the Video Star

Then

Y/N sat at the top of the stairs, as he was listening to his parents argue with a police officer. The fifteen year old listened carefully.

Police Officer: I know it's frustrating, and you have every right to be upset, but the fact is, there is no law stating that they have to keep him in school.

Y/N's step mom, Roxy, slammed her fist on the table.

Roxy: But this is discrimination against people with mental disabilities! He's struggling, and because he doesn't fit in their perfect little world, they're just pushing him away!

Police Officer: I understand your frustration, ma'am. But unfortunately, the law doesn't explicitly protect against this kind of situation. It's a gray area.

Y/N's dad, Johnathan, groaned in frustration as he rubbed his eyes, trying to keep himself together.

John: Is there anything we can do? Anything at all? They can't just kick him out and expel him simply because he's struggling with their methods

Police Officer: Well, you could try filing a lawsuit. But I have to be honest with you, it's a long and uncertain method. Legal battles like that can drag on for years, and the outcome isn't guaranteed. You'd need a strong case and a skilled lawyer, which can be quite expensive. Additionally, taking legal action could strain your family emotionally and financially. It's a stressful process, and there's no guarantee of success. It could also potentially impact Y/N's reputation and future opportunities. And even then, the court may still side with the schools decision.

John: Fuck, fuck, double fuck.

Roxy: But why would the court even support a decision like this? He's getting kicked because he can't understand the computers, and he was still forced to work in them. He's facing sensory overload in crowded classrooms, difficulty with social interactions, and challenges with understanding complex instructions. Instead of helping him, they're punishing him for something he can't control. They're not providing the support he needs to succeed. Instead, they're treating him like a burden, like he doesn't belong there. It's discrimination, plain and simple. So why the fuck would the court support that?!?