"I don't want to see you again in front of me, and if you insist, it better be because you aren't marrying Hannah anymore," she declares, her voice trembling with raw emotion.

"Alice," I start to protest, but the words catch in my throat.

"Goodbye, Alex," she says, gathering her belongings and walking past me.

I watch her go, feeling the weight of her words pressing down on me. My brothers turn to face me, shaking their heads in silent disapproval, before following after Alice, leaving me standing alone in the wake of her departure.

Exiting the hospital, I summon my driver, who promptly escorts me to a nearby club. The vibrant lights and pulsating music offer a temporary distraction from the weight of my thoughts. Inside, I indulge in drink after drink, seeking solace in the numbing embrace of alcohol. Time slips away as I lose myself in the haze of the night. Eventually, feeling the effects of my indulgence, I signal for my driver to take me home. The city lights blur into a kaleidoscope of colors with each passing mile, matching the whirlwind of emotions swirling within me.

Finally arriving home, I find Hannah sleeping peacefully, her hair scattered on the pillow and her mouth wide open, drool pouring out. Despite the less-than-graceful sight, she looks adorable, and a chuckle escapes my lips. Normally, I might feel disgusted or find it amusing, but right now, she looks as beautiful as ever, even in her disheveled state. I wonder if it's because we're mates that even her most unguarded moments seem endearing to me. Pushing aside the thought, I struggle to remove my clothes before hopping into bed beside her. The warmth of her presence soothes me, and as I settle in, I feel a sense of contentment wash over me, grateful for her presence by my side.

HANNAH

I wake up the following morning, a sensation on my waist stirring me from sleep. Blinking groggily, I glance down, my eyes widening in surprise as I see someone's hands resting there. My heart skips a beat as I realize I'm not alone in bed. Panic surges through me as I frantically turn around to see who it is.

A wave of relief washes over me when I see that it's Alex, his strong arms wrapped around me, holding me close. But confusion quickly replaces my initial relief as I recall his statement yesterday that he wouldn't be around for days. Why is he in bed with me here, holding me so intimately?

I spent the night at the penthouse, reluctant to return home. Luna Marely left me a text message, offering me the option to move in immediately. They even stocked the closet with clothes, alleviating any concerns I might have had about what to wear.

I try to pry Alex's hands away, but he only tightens his grip. His warm skin against mine sends a shiver down my spine, a sensation that I try to ignore as I continue my efforts to free myself from his hold.

Suddenly, I freeze as I hear Alex's hoarse voice murmuring against my ear, breaking the silence of the morning.

"Hannah, if you didn't want me to fuck you until you couldn't walk this morning, I advise you to stop rubbing that perfect ass against my dick," Alex's voice rumbles against my skin, his words sending a jolt of electricity through me.

"Sorry," I mumble, my voice barely above a whisper, embarrassment flooding over me as I realize the implications of my actions. The thought of him actually following through with his words sends a rush of anticipation coursing through me, mingled with a hint of nervousness.

"Good, and you can get up now," he says, finally releasing his hold on my waist.

I rise from the bed and make my way to the bathroom to get ready for school. The morning light filtering through the windows cast a gentle glow on the surroundings. I took permission yesterday to go for the interview.

After freshening up, I step out of the bathroom, the cool tiles underfoot grounding me as I walk to the closet to get dressed. I make my way downstairs to the kitchen to make breakfast. As I do, a small part of me questions whether he deserves a nice breakfast prepared by me, but I push those thoughts aside, focusing instead on the simple act of nourishing ourselves for the day ahead.

He joins me at the table, his presence commanding attention as always. His suit fits him perfectly, accentuating his strong physique and adding to his undeniable allure. Despite the air of tension lingering between us, we eat in silence, neither of us daring to broach the subject of the unexpected night we spent together.

As I steal glances at him across the table, a myriad of thoughts swirl through my mind. Is this how it's going to be from now on? Will he continue to come back at night and join me in bed without a word? The realization sinks in that our relationship, whatever it may be, has taken an unexpected turn, and I can't help but feel a sense of unease.

Sure, we may not have crossed any physical boundaries last night, but the weight of our unspoken actions hangs heavy in the air. I can't shake the feeling that we need to address what happened to clarify where we stand with each other. After all, sleeping with someone implies a level of intimacy and connection beyond mere physical attraction.

I pause, my fork halfway to my mouth, as a sudden realization dawns on me. Did he see me as more than just a means to a release? The thought sends a shiver down my spine, leaving me both intrigued and apprehensive about what the future may hold.

"Hannah!" Alex' voice pierces through my thoughts, jolting me from my internal reverie. In a way, I silently thank him as I am perilously close to spilling my inner turmoil.

"Yes?" I respond, turning to face him.

"Are you done eating?" he inquires, rising from his seat.

"Yeah, why do you ask?" I ask.

"Get your things. I will drop you off at school," Alex states matter-of-factly, his words carrying a hint of unexpected kindness that catches me off guard.

"Oh, thank you," I murmur gratefully, a genuine warmth spreading through me at his unexpected offer. Without further ado, I hurry upstairs to gather my belongings.

As we drive to my school, a nagging thought swirls in my mind, tempting me to ask Alex about the interview. Yesterday, he didn't explicitly confirm whether I got the position, merely critiquing my approach instead. I find myself biting my lip, contemplating whether I should bring it up or not.

Lost in my thoughts, I'm snapped back to reality as Alex announces our arrival at the school. With a sigh, I push the thought aside, deciding to focus on the present moment. Perhaps I'll find out the outcome in a few days, and until then, there's no use dwelling on it.

I stride through the bustling halls of the school, scanning the faces around me in search of Bee. We urgently need to discuss some crucial changes to our project, but first, we must consult our teacher. After a few fleeting glances, I finally spot her. Bee quickly joins me as we make our way toward Mrs. Johnson's office, hoping to catch her before classes begin. Luck seems to be on our side as we encounter her in the hallway.

"Hey, Mrs. Johnson," I greet her, adjusting my backpack strap. "Do you have a moment to chat about our project?"

Mrs. Johnson returns my greeting with a warm smile. "Of course, Hannah. What can I help you with?"

Bee and I point out the areas where we're encountering issues. Mrs. Johnson astutely observes that our difficulties stem from a lack of concrete data, particularly concerning M Corp.

"Have you considered reaching out to them directly to gather more information?" she suggests.

A knot tightens in my stomach. I had pondered this last night as I mulled over our project, and even with the company's CEO in my bed this morning, the thought of discussing anything related to his company feels like an impossible challenge.

"No, I haven't," I admit reluctantly.

"You should really consider it. If that's all, see you later, girls," Mrs. Johnson says, gracefully moving away from us.

Bee speaks to me, her voice a distant murmur that fails to penetrate the fog of my thoughts. Dread consumes me as the realization sinks in—I'm destined to fail my project. Because I'm certain Alex won't help.