Chapter 2

Charles didn't like ships very much. They felt unstable to walk on, and he constantly had to adjust himself to it. Even though he could sense his surroundings using his Aura, it never failed to annoy him. Worser still was that he was on a ship that worked for the transport of goods rather than escorting people across the seas in lavish dinners and romantic evenings like the Titanic. Then again, the Titanic sank, and he'd much rather not sink. That didn't sound good for his health. Definitely not for his pokemon.

He still hated having to stay around as a guard here. It meant he had to be stationary. It felt like time was being wasted. And it would feel worse if he was here for nothing.. As good as that would be for the general public, it would mean he could've been somewhere more useful. Somewhere someone was being hurt but he didn't help. He disliked that idea.

"Hey, you! What are ya doin' there just standing 'bout!", said one of the fellow guards. He sighed, turning to the man.

".. Yes, sir?", Charles responded, trying his best to sound like a scared bodyguard. The less people thought of him the better. He heard the bodyguard scoff, feeling their aura close in towards him.

"Your post's being shifted. Didn'tcha know already?", they said. Internally, Charles frowned. There was no post-shifting told before.. What was the point?

"No, sir. I don't belie-"

"I don't care whatcha believe, rookie! Move to the other side, captain's orders!", the guard hollered. Charles frowned. Something was strange about the man, he could sense it. He couldn't quite place his finger on what though.. He just rubbed Charles the wrong way.

".. Who's taking my place then?", he asked. He felt the man scoff haughtily, keeping his hand on his gun.

"Me, of course. Now, get moving!", the guard said. Charles would definitely go to the captain first though. He doubted this guard was telling the truth. He began to walk away, mulling over his thoughts about the guard when he heard the shot.

Charles felt the man moving for his gun quickly. Almost instinctively, he ducked as the bullet was shot, unsheathing his sword and getting ready for battle. This man had just attempted to shoot him. He would have Charles dead if he could. 

".. Well, aren't you quick?", the pseudo-guard acknowledged, tilting his head to look at the sword wielder. "I'll make it quick", the man sneered, firing another shot from his revolver. Charles sensed the bullet flying through the air, and in very badass fashion, used the flat of his blade to deflect the bullet. How the physics of that works, don't ask the author. Some sorta collision-based stuff. Still, that didn't mean he could always do it. The sword may have been made by one of the stronger alloys, but it had taken damage. He'd send out his pokemon, but that could alert the others.. And put them at risk. He had to make a run for it.

He quickly dashed away, willing his body to move faster. As if energised, his body obeyed, as he dashed away in a zig-zag fashion, avoiding the rogue guard. He turned around the corner, disappearing from the guard's view, taking a deep breath. Energising himself with Aura was a relatively new skill, one he hadn't gotten used to. It would be much better on someone who could see, and didn't need to constantly check their surroundings like he had. Then again, he wouldn't have seen the bullet coming then. He could hear the man's slow footsteps, before the man seemed to stop. 

The signature sound of a pokeball opening alerted him. If his senses were correct, it seemed to be a Weavile. In response he took two of his pokeballs, sending out Midday Lycanroc and Gliscor. What, you really think one would take on a potentially notorious person fairly? 

Good choice too, for when he felt the Weavile almost disappear with blinding speed. Well, Weavile were known to be agile and efficient hunters. His Lycanroc was also fast however, and before the Sharp Claw pokemon could land a deadly Night Slash, his good girl landed a harder Accelerock on the Weavile, slamming it against the wall and immediately knocking it out. Weaviles weren't exactly known for defense, and being weak to rock types only made it worse.