THE MEETING

Depuis le début

'And this will also be the perfect place to plot my revenge, though he doesn't need to know it.' he added as afterthought.

Hiruzen's face gained a proud smile as he watched the Uzumaki youngster speak so passionately, it reminded him so much of Kushina and Lady Mito that he was sure that Naruto truly was an Uzumaki.

'I cannot instill the will of fire in this kid.... he already has it in heaps.'

"You are right, my boy, there is an Uzumaki in this village, her name is Uzumaki Kushina. She has been devastated since the loss of her clan, and she will be extremely happy to see you."

Naruto's eyes widened, "Does that mean I..."

"Yes, but first we need to confirm your Uzumaki heritage, now I have no doubt about it, but as a shinobi, I can never be too cautious, follow Bear as he will take you to get your blood tested, after verification, you will be given a form to fill up, and then you will return here, is that understood?"

Naruto straightened up and said, "Hai! Hokage-sama"

Hiruzen nodded as an ANBU wearing a bear mask appeared and shunshin'ed with Naruto in tow. However, he didn't notice an ANBU with a blank mask and a 'ne' insignia getting away after spying on the whole conversation.

—X—X—X—

"Hmm, an Uzumaki survivor you say.."

"Hai, Danzo-sama, his blood test confirmed him to be a pure-blooded Uzumaki, our sensors have detected that his chakra is indeed dense and potent." a lone shadow whispered to its master.

"It doesn't matter, since he there are only two Uzumakis in the village, Hiruzen will keep a close eye on them, he might approve of my organization but he won't like me taking away his projects, he must have also sensed the boy's chakra...."

Danzo continued, "Leave the boy alone for now, I will contact him after he graduates and becomes a Chunin."

"Understood, Danzo-sama" the shadow said as he immediately disappeared to continue his duty of supporting the roots of a great tree.

—X—X—X—

"There never was any doubt. UZUMAKI NARUTO!"

Naruto immediately stood in attention at that, already knowing what The Professor was going to speak.

"By the order of the Hokage of Konohagakure no sato, you are now officially a civilian of the village, your name has been enrolled in the academy and you will continue your shinobi training with peers your own age."

Naruto smiled at that, the first part of his grand scheme has succeeded, future again looked bright for Naruto as he couldn't wait to face future challenges head on, and probably kill some Kumo, Iwa or Kiri shinobi on the way...

Yeah, he didn't mind that at all.

"Luckily, Kushina is in the same age group as you and she will guide you through the academy. The Uzumaki clan had some funds in Konoha, which you will be given access to once you make Chunin and Kushina takes the place of clan head, by the wishes of Lady Mito."

"I have no problem with Kushina being clan head, as I am not suited for politics."

The Hokage nodded at the mature way Naruto spoke and handed him a pair of keys. "These are the keys to your apartment. Its right beside Kushina's apartment. The Uzumaki clan does not have a compound in Konoha, so you two are under the Orphan Shinobi Program. Even with aid of your clan funds, that's the best we can provide you with."

Naruto frowned but quickly took the keys. After a respectful bow to the leader of the village, he left the Hokage tower and started searching for the address of his new accommodation.