Chapter Ten

India's tour of England was just a week away, and the team were already in London; mostly for practice and partly to get used to the freezing weather before their first test series in a long time after the International break.

Shubman had been strangely eager throughout this time and he couldn't understand why. He had felt unusually enthusiastic about something, even the people around him were pleasantly surprised to see the ever gloomy and despondent cricket star look alive for once.

"Has the sad little Prince finally found a Princess?" Hardik had joked casually...

°°°°°

It was a random Saturday afternoon, Shubman was driving down a residential block in the west end of London after a fancy dinner with one of his foreign agents when his eyes landed on Virat's Audi parked at the front yard of one of the houses.

Shubman did a double take to be sure as he slowed down his car. He read the number plate again for confirmation... this was definitely Virat's personal Audi that he kept parked in his London appartment.

The younger cricketer couldn't understand why 'The Kohli' would invest himself in a moderate looking home and it's residents in the middle of nowhere.

Lost in his thoughts, he silently continued to spy unintentionally as the front door opened and two figures step onto the porch; one of them being Virat, he squinted his eyes as he looked on with familiarity at the other man...

He had his back turned to him, but it was the way he spoke with his hands like a certain someone he knew a long time ago; animatedly expressing every detail with them and the tattoos that were sprawled over his arms, the way his body trembled with laughter as they spoke, how he brought a hand up to swipe over his hair...

No...

It can't be him, can it?

Just then the man turned to his right, revealing his face partly...

Shubman's eyes widened in realisation as he finally came to terms with what his eyes were actually looking at...

Ishan.

Shubman swore this was a dream... It couldn't really be him, can it?

But is is him!!!

Right there, standing on that porch.

His Ishan...

Shubman had always expected to find him eventually... but like this? On a random day in the middle of nowhere in London? That too, suspiciously meeting up with Virat Bhai...

Well, whatever it is... didn't matter to Shubman.

He had finally found his Ishu, he was going to woo and court him like no other, spoil and pamper him as though his life depended on it.

That is if Ishan still wanted anything to do with him...

And even if he didn't, Shubman was willing to grovel on his knees..

He was snatched out of his trance when he saw Virat walking out of the porch and into the front yard, he immediately bent over in his car to avoid being seen.