𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 18

~his smile is saur precious... Maknae be maknaeing~

-Start of Chapter 18-

"It's finally time to tell you why you are here."

My mind seems to go blank for a moment. After all that has happened, the one question that seemed to always linger in my head faded away. Why am I here?...

Jungwon takes a deep breath before revealing, "Lady Y/N, you need to help us become humans again."

Huh?!

"What?!" I ask very confused, "Humans? Is that even possible?"

Jungwon nods "Yes. This is a curse we have, being vampires. We've tried our best to stay as human as possible because if we turn into proper wild vampires, there is no going back... Every curse has a cure to a certain limit... you just need to help find this cure."

"But why me?..."

Jungwon's gaze remains steady, his expression unwavering. "It's because you murdered the person who was initially helping us."

I freeze.

"M-murder? N-no. You must be wrong." I stammer, my voice trembling.

Sunoo interrupts, "Jungwon, we talked about this"

Jungwon sighs in defeat, "Sorry. Let me rephrase that... Lady Y/N, we know more about your past than you might think."

"I d-didn't kill her" my voice still stammering.

Heeseung sighs and looks at me, "It doesn't matter how she passed away. Your mother, she was willing to help us. She had the knowledge we needed, but unfortunately, she lost her life in the process."

"Now, the responsibility falls on you. You're her daughter. It's a journey you didn't choose, but it's one you must embark on. The fate of our existence rests in your hands." Jay says

Mum's name was Moon Yoojin. She was known for her giving heart. She always helped people in need. A kind lady, a lovely wife and a caring mother. She was perfect in my eyes.

"I didn't know..." I whisper, grappling with the newfound knowledge. "What happens if I don't want to help?"

Sunghoon, sensing my internal struggle, steps forward with a gentle expression. "My Lady, we understand this is a lot to process. But we were depended on your mother. Our fate now depends on you. We believe that our cure is related to your bloodline"

Jungwon, despite the defeat in his voice, adds, "The choice is yours, Lady Y/N. If you decide that you want to go back... we'll safely return you back home. However please think this through as our life depends upon you... You can stay here as long as you like until you choose, but be mindful we don't as long to choose as you think we might."

Feeling overwhelmed, I excuse myself from the meeting room, needing a moment to collect my thoughts. As I stand just outside the door, the muffled voices inside reach my ears. They sound worried, anxious, and sad, as if they're preparing for the worst.

I lean against the cold stone wall, closing my eyes, and I can't help but think of my mother. If she was willing to help them, I don't want to leave her work unfinished. My mind drifts to memories of her, a kind and compassionate woman who dedicated her life to helping anyone in need.

The sincerity in her eyes, the warmth of her smile-those memories become a source of strength. I can't let her down. I can't turn away from a responsibility she would have willingly embraced.