𝔉𝔦𝔯𝔰𝔱 𝔇𝔞𝔶

Start from the beginning

    "Sol!" Yvette called for her. "Over here!" Sol smiled before walking over, taking a seat next to Carter. "Oh, you brought my bag! Thanks, sis!" Yvette grabbed her beige backpack from her sister.

    "How long have you guys been here?" Sol grabbed the banana from Max's plate.

    "Yvette was here first, I came in second." Carter answered. "Max came like twenty-thirty minutes later and then Leslie showed up about, let's say five minutes ago."

    Sol nodded her head in acknowledgement as she ate the banana. "The assembly is in ten minutes, eat up." Leslie advised Sol. Sol looked to her and grabbed a handful of grapes from her sister's plate.

    "Let's go get some good seats then." Sol lead them out of the cafeteria.

⋆ ★

    The assembly was the most boring thing the group had to sit through. It lasted half an hour. The group stopped paying attention after the first ten minutes. Or Sol, Max and Leslie stopped laying attention. Carter and Yvette actually did.

    Sooner or later, the assembly ended and the school was dismissed for classes. The group walked inside of the one class they all shared: history.

    When they got there, the desks were in pairs of two and there was no place cards on the desks. But a old teacher stood at the front, holding a clipboard and a pencil. He waited for everyone to come in and for the bell to ring before speaking.

    "Hello, class! I'm Mr Wryler, I'm going to be your teacher for Accelerated World History, if you're freshman, and normal world history if you're sophomore!" The old man smiled at everyone. "I've most likely taught your parents if they came to this school back in the day. Anyways, I'm going to walk by a desk and call out names. When you hear your name, please go take a seat at it."

    He shuffles to the first pair of desks. "Yvette Germaine and Keenan Underwood. Hmm, I taught both of your parents, how nice." Yvette and an Asian kid go take their seats. Mr Wryler continues calling out names until even was sat.

    Yvette was in the front next to Keenan, Carter was on the opposite side sitting next to Mandy Lane, Sol was in the center of the second row next to Asher Hawthorne. Max was in the fourth row next to Donovan Irwin and Leslie was in the back next to Owen O'Connor.

    Mr Wryler passed out a quick worksheet to see where they're at in history. "I know you'll do well, Sol." Mr Wryler assured as he passed her the worksheet. "Your mother was amazing in my class." He left and passed out the other worksheets.

    "Hey," Asher spoke to Sol. "I'm Asher."

    Sol gave him a quick look. "I know who you are, Hawthorne. You're one of my brothers varsity players." She eyed his letterman jacket.

    Asher gave her a small smile. "I am. I play first line left wing."

    Sol wrote her name on the worksheet. "Don't remember asking."

    "I was the one yesterday telling Kev to drop the table thing." Asher writes his own name on his paper.

    Sol ignored him and started answering her questions. She kept on noticing that Asher would look over at her paper for the answers. "Being a cheater doesn't help you learn, ya know." She whispered, knowing he heard it.

    "It helps when you know all the answers." He said back. Sol covered her paper with her arm. "Aww, come on." Asher shook his head and looked at the girl. "Really?"

    Sol looked back at him. "Hawthorne, try it by yourself." She went back to answering the questions.

    A moment of silence went by before Asher spoke again. "What caused World War II?"