Bloodthirsty

Mulciber rapped on Tom's door, six hours later.

"My Lord" he asked Tom had thrown the door open looking perturbed, "Everyone is ready"

"What?" He put his hand on his forehead.

"The meeting" Mulciber looked at him confused, "to test everyone's dueling skills".

Tom sighed, "Fuck" he nodded, "Thank you Mulciber".

They went down the hall, quietly. Even Head Boys were restricted after curfew.

Lenora had sat in on every meeting. Listening intently, weighing in on topics, helping explain dark arts that her and Tom extensively studied.

The last meeting interested her greatly, he had told her about Horcruxes. She researched and helped him locate his ancient magic objects.

When Lestrange broke into Borgin and Burkes he and brought back Salazar Slytherins Locket, she was giddy.

Tom wasn't sure she would dare show her face at this one. And yet.

There she was, sitting on the table playing with the necklace he gave her. She was laughing with something with Abraxas as if nothing had changed.

"Oh Hello Tom" she purred, "we were worried you got lost".

He passed her with his wand out,
"Get the fuck off the table" he snapped.

With a flick he slid her off the table with a spell, she caught herself before she hit the floor.
"Touchy touchy" she teased but he ignored her.

Abraxas swallowed and Black walked up taking an unusual seat next to Lenora,

"So how are we partnering up?" Avery scrambled to change the topic

"Avery and Lestrange, Go." Tom was curt.

They all observed as magic ping ponged against the two. It was over in minutes, Lestrange was the victor.

Lenora scrunched her nose, she turned to Tom but he did not meet her eye.

"Abraxas and Mulciber" Tom said dully, this duel took a longer time. They were more evenly matched and it ended with Mulcibers wand flying across the room landing at Riddles feet. He tossed it back to Mulciber.

Black turned to Lenora, "I'm ready for my medicine" he cracked a charming smile.

"No" Tom finally looked at her, "Me and Nora"
She raised her brows, "Fine by me".

"Black, you'll observe" Tom stood from his seat, "And protect me from this one okay?" His voice was dripping with sarcasm, "she loves to hit people with silent crucios".

Lenora face turned to a scowl.

Nott stepped in trying to keep a calm demeanor, "Wouldn't it be better served that I duel Lenora?"

Abraxas looked scared ,"He's right my lord, you're already the strongest at dueling".

Black stood directly in front of Tom, "I would love the honor of dueling you, my lord".

Tom ignored them all as he locked eyes with her.

"Oh no gentlemen, you underestimate her," he tutted as he stood in front of Lenora who only glowered back, "she's a bloodthirsty bitch"

Lenora raised her wand, "flippendo" she cried, Tom flew back but caught himself before he hit the wall.

He sent a curse back, and she deflected. Back and forth they hit each other, she screamed as she sent wordless hexes at him, Tom easily catching them but had her to hit her back.

The knights watched in terror.

"We have to stop them" Abraxas said to Avery.
Avery shook his head, "they're going to kill each other".

Black shook his head, "this is-"

"Vicious" Mulciber said, "I thought they were supposed to be in love".

This revelation from Mulciber surprised everyone except Lestrange.

"She's not herself" Lestrange mumbled and Abraxas nodded.

Nott was antsy, he could hardly stand to watch. He looked at Abraxas who nodded and walked towards Tom.

Tom felt a touch on his shoulder and sighed, he held up a shield to stop him and Abraxas from getting pelted. He halted throwing hexes.

Nott approached Lenora, "Alright Lenora, it's over".

"No!" She screeched as she threw hard at the shield.

"Nora, stop already" Abraxas called from behind the shield. Tears were falling from her eyes distorting her vision.

"Expelliarmus" Nott hit her from the side and her wand flew.

Nora turned with rage in her eyes. Everyone was silent. Her jaw trembled and she stared at Nott with hate in her eyes.

Crucio it slipped out before the thought was fully formed.

Nott screamed out dropping to the floor quickly.
"Nora what are you doing!?" Avery pulled out his wand

"Protego Horribilus" Black called the strong defensive spell at both of them quickly shielding Nott from the attack.

Tom had crossed the room as Nora attacked Theo.

"Imperio"

Lenora dropped her wand. She stood still and walked back to the table in a trance. Facing away from them and sat at the table leaving her wand on the floor.

Theo was out of breath by the time Black had intervened, his hand had a tremor. His whole body looked pained and contorted.

Tom stood over him and held out his hand helping him up. They all went over to the lounge section leaving Lenora at the table in a trance.

Tom and Black muttered healing spells over Nott. Finally he was able to sit up and look at Tom.

"What did you do to her" Nott asked barely able to finish his words "She's a monster".
No one disagreed.