20 - Cutting Away Past Memories

----◦•❁◦•◦----------------------------------------------------------◦•◦❁•◦----

Sebastian didn't wait long to throw himself into the water, he wasn't very far behind Ryoba. He watched as she struggled to reach the young master. Not long after a large rock hit her on the head causing her to lose complete consciousness. What a troublesome woman she was. He dove deeper knowing that Ryoba would be fine for a couple more minutes. This wasn't what Sebastian expected when Hannah said his master would be as good as dead. 

Although he was a demon he served the young master. That was the cycle of their lives as demons. His mind went to Ryoba knowing she must've had to do the same. However, she wasn't as fortunate. "But I remember those days... that's right, I'm a demon. How could I understand the taste of human food" He thought. "The only taste I can understand is... the taste of a human soul". 

Sebastian watched as his masters eyes opened. He noticed their unusual red color.

He punched the young master unconscious. 

----◦•◦❁•◦------------------------------

She was awoken by a knock at the door. "Good morning Ryoba" Sebastian said. Ryoba opened her eyes feeling the pounding headache that formed. Sebastian closed the door behind him and set a maid uniform at the side of her bed. He approached her and sat on the edge of the bed. He brushed stray strands of hair out of her face. "Good morning Sebastian". She looked around the room. "Where are we?" Ryoba asked. 

"We are currently in the Phantomhive Manor. I'll be showing you around the estate today, and going forward we will have the same duties" He explained. "Per my request" He added with a smirk. She nodded. He planted a kiss on her forehead. "I shall leave you to it" Sebastian said while making his way towards the door, leaving the room, and closing it behind him. She put a hand to the spot on her forehead where he kissed. 

Ryoba wasn't sure whether it was her nerves or something else causing her stomach to feel weird. She got off the bed and grabbed the maid uniform. She inspecting the fine fabric and patterns. She took off the nightgown she was wearing and started to put the uniform on piece by piece. Once she was done she walked towards the dresser that was next to the door. There was a brush on top of it which she grabbed making sure to get rid of any knots in her hair. Ryoba opened the drawers and spotted scissors. 

She grabbed them and stood in front of the only mirror in her room. She watched as pieces of her hair fell on the floor landing near her feet. She put the scissors down and ran a hand through her hair. The Phantomhive maid grabbed the ruffled headband that laid on the bed on her head. Next to the bed were a pair of under knee high boots. The colors of the uniform consisted of white, grey and a dark blue. 

It was simple, nothing too complex unlike the Trancy uniform. She opened the door to her room and shut it behind her. She could see Sebastian pushing a cart of tea down the hall and she hurried over to his side. "Sebastian". He turned to face her. "I like our uniform on you" He said. Then his eyes landed on her hair. "You look lovely" He stated. He knocked on the door in front of him three times then opened it. 

"Good morning young master" Sebastian said. There he was, Ciel Phantomhive, he was alive and well. Ryoba made her way towards the curtains opening them and tying a ribbon around them so they wouldn't come undone. Once she was done she stood idly watching as Ciel grabbed his eyepatch from his bedside table. She then turned away as Sebastian began dressing him. Sebastian grabbed a ribbon tying it around the young masters collar. 

"Would you prefer to make it tighter?" Ciel asked, his eyes flashed fuchsia. 

"No" Sebastian responded. Looked over at the young lord locking eyes with him. "It's a relief to see you alive and well Lord Phantomhive" She said with a bow. "You look different" Ciel stated. "It's fitting. I'm glad you decided to become a servant in my manor" He said. "Yes my lord" She said. "I've had prepared tea for you this morning master, it's called new moon drop" Sebastian said. "What's my schedule like today?" Ciel asked.

 "It's open" Sebastian stated. "Hmph" Ciel let out with a slight smirk. "It smells quite nice" Ciel stated as he brought the teacup closer to him. He then took a sip as Sebastian put his shoes on. Then there was a knock at the door. " Come in. " Ciel said. Ryoba turned to look at the door and saw a maid. She was wearing the same uniform as her but the designs were more detailed on Ryoba's.

 The maid has short purple-ish red hair, round glasses on the bridge of her nose and seems to be human. "Pardon me, y-young master! It's Lady Elizabeth she's here sir" The maid said. "All right" Ciel said as he handed his teacup to Sebastian. "Excuse me" The maid said. "I'll decide today's schedule" Ciel said. "Mey-rin. I would like you to meet the new head maid, Ryoba" Sebastian said. "Pleasure meeting you Mey-rin" Ryoba said with a smile.

 "It's nice to meet you too! Yes, it is" Mey-rin said with a light blush on her face. 

----◦•◦❁•◦------------------------------

Ryoba stood beside Sebastian as he gave orders to the Phantomhive Chef Bard and the gardener Finny. "I want you both to attend to the young master, and make sure Lady Elizabeth is comfortable" Sebastian said. The way he ordered them was very different than the way Ryoba grew used to Claude ordering the four Trancy Servants. "Okay Sebastian, but where are you going?" Finny asked. 

"I have some other business to take care of, along with Ryoba here" Sebastian stated. "What kind of business? Oi, what's going on here" Bard asked.

----◦•◦❁•◦------------------------------

"Oh hello there Phantomhive butler it's been a while, and who is this?" A man wearing traditional clothing asks. "Hello. I'm glad to see you in good health, this is Ryoba the Head Maid at the Phantomhive Estate" Sebastian stated. "Yes I suppose I should thank you for letting me get away. Miss Ryoba is quite the beauty... my name is Lao" Lao stated. "Still, I went along with your transparent acting in return, so we're even, right?" He asked.

 "Yes. I appreciate it. This is a token of our gratitude" Sebastian said."And I've brought something for you-" Sebastian said just as the woman who was lying beside Lao stood up and got ready to kick him. Ryoba grabbed onto her ankle before she got any closer. "Easy Ran-Mao" Lao said while opening his eyes.Ryoba let go watching as Ran-Mao put her leg down. "My young master will be away from Town for a while. So he sent us to say goodbye" Sebastian stated. 

"Ah. I shall miss him terribly" Lao said. "I have a message from him" Sebastian said. Sebastian then cleared his throat."'I thought about killing you, but it was far too much of a bother. You can do as you please... however, make certain to keep out of my sight.'" Sebastian said. "Oh?, so his memory returned ay?" Lao questioned. "That's a happy ending isn't it Ran-Mao?" He asked her while rubbing her head delicately.

 "So, he's leaving London town-" Lao said until he noticed both Sebastian and Ryoba gone. And with that the pair met with all sorts of people while they handed Ciel's business partners or friends presents before he left London.

----◦•◦❁•◦------------------------------

"What took you two so long Sebastian?" Ciel asked. Just as they arrived back at the manor. "I apologize. We can leave now" Sebastian said while bowing. "Young master... a-are you really leaving?" Finny asked. Sebastian helped Ciel into the carriage. "Do whatever you want with this mansion" Ciel said. "You're free to stay here if you want, or just burn it. I don't really care" He started looking back at the manor.

 "What? We can never do that. " Bard said. "Why ever not?" Ciel asked. "Because... this place is filled with our memories with you, young master!" Finny said.

"Memories don't mean anything. I proved that, didn't I?" Ciel said. "That's not true, young master!" Mey-rin exclaimed. The servants then stood away from the carriage as Sebastian helped Ryoba get inside the carriage with the young master. Sebastian then sat at the front of the carriage. The Head maid looked outside and saw the teary eyed faces of the human servants. "Ryoba" Ciel said. "Yes master?" She answered.

"I would like to create a contract with you, however, I won't have a soul to give to you. It's your choice if you want to devote your life to me" Ciel stated."From dystopia to utopia, from loss to reclamation, from white to black and land to water... " She said as her eyes glowed fuchsia. She put a hand to her heart.

"I, Ryoba... swear to be your loyal maid through this contract. I shall turn dark into light, wrong into right, dim to bright until I cast my final breath being a reliable companion to you... Ciel Phantomhive as your lowly servant... for eternity".

"That's what makes a Phantomhive Maid". ~ Ryoba