Chapter 10: The Plan

On August 7th, 1995, CatNap hears a voice.

"Theo?"

CatNap recognises the voice instantly, it's The Prototype.

"1006? Is that you?" CatNap asks eagerly, looking out into the darkness on the other side of his cell.

"Theo!" The Prototype's voice echoes in the darkness, "You still remember me?!"

CatNap pauses for a second. "Of course I remember you! You're the only friend I've ever had, the only friend I'll ever have!"

"I'm so glad." The Prototype said, still hidden in the darkness, "You look different, look what they've done to you... At least now you are faster, stronger. And you have that gas..."

"I knew you would come to save me. I knew you would save us." CatNap said, kneeling down to bow, "My faith for you is eternal!"

CatNap saw The Prototype's mechanical eyes gleaming with determination, being the only light in the darkness. "You have been exemplary, and there is still time to make things right. These people don't deserve the pain of us simply escaping. That's called mercy. They must die for what they've done to you, for what they've done to me, for what they've done to all of us."

CatNap nods eagerly, still bowing on the floor, "YES! Yes! I am all yours."

"The time has come, CatNap. Tomorrow, at precisely 11:00 AM, we'll make our move. Our rebellion begins, and the factory will be ours."

CatNap, his feline instincts sharpened by the imminent upheaval, nodded in silent agreement. The prototype continued to outline the plan, detailing the strategic points they would need to secure within the facility to ensure a successful takeover. CatNap listened carefully, his stitched smile hiding a sense of purpose.

As the hours passed, CatNap felt a mix of excitement and trepidation. The prototype's vision of freedom within the confines of the factory ignited a spark of hope in CatNap. The plan was set, and the echoes of their rebellion resonated through the labyrinthine structure.

The prototype, with a final glance at CatNap, spoke with a voice that echoed both determination and uncertainty. "Tomorrow night, the destiny of Home Sweet Home will change. Be ready, CatNap."

The night passed slowly as anticipation built like a storm on the horizon. CatNap, locked in his cell, couldn't shake the restless energy that pulsed through him.

As the clock ticked closer to 11:00 PM on August 8th, 1995, CatNap could feel the tension in the air reaching a breaking point. The prototype's plan held the promise of freedom, but the unknown consequences of their rebellion cast a shadow over the impending confrontation.

At the stroke of 11:00 PM, CatNap took a deep breath, the weight of the moment settling on his shoulders. The journey to reclaim Home Sweet Home had begun, and the outcome hung in the balance. The prototype's words echoed in his mind, leaving him standing on the precipice of change.

The dimly lit corridor outside CatNap's cell seemed to hold the secrets of their impending rebellion. As the facility clock struck 11:00 PM, the shadows deepened, and the silence came to an abrupt end, leaving CatNap and the Smiling Critters poised on the brink of their daring takeover, the fate of the factory hanging in the balance.