The Big Date! (Part 3)

Start from the beginning

I look at the stairs, and then I look back at Gotoh.

With a smile, I said...

"Back when I was younger, my parents and I used to come here whenever we decided to go on walks together. I always loved running up the stairs and I also loved sliding down the railings of them. It was always nice coming here, I can remember the feeling of it..."

For a short moment, we were both silent. We were both observing the area and standing in place, feeling the comfort of the breeze.

Not until I said...

"Y'know what? I feel like taking a selfie. What do you think, Gotoh-san? You don't have to say yes if you don't want to."

"It's okay... I-I don't mind at all."

I nod my head and pull my phone out. I turn around, go to the camera app on my phone, and I start to move the camera around to get a good view with Gotoh and I.

"Alright! Everything's in place! Smile!"

I click the camera button, and I quickly look in the photos app to see the results.

Everything was the way I expected. We were both in the frame, the stairs in the background was visible, and the lighting was perfect.

"It's perfect! Thank you so much, Gotoh-san!" I said in a happy tone.

"Y-... You're welcome, Hiroko-kun!" Gotoh says back with a soft smile.

Once again, we both stood still in silence...

Wow... Her eyes are like sapphires... 

Haha, that was corny, y'know?

Riiight... Yeah.

Also, you should probably get going to the next place. Time isn't infinite.

Yep, you're right, you're right.

I yawn quietly, and then I said...

"Well, I'm kinda thirsty. Let's get a drink, Gotoh-san."

Gotoh continues looking at the stairs that I talked about, and she responds with...

"R-Right. Let's go."

We start to walk to a nearby grocery store without holding hands. But suddenly, Gotoh slowly grabs my hand and holds it.

Hahahahaha... Now that was strange. I guess Gotoh-san is used to holding hands with me.

(Hitori's Actual Thoughts...)

Hm... Hiroko-kun's hands feel like Jimihen...

6 Minutes Later...

Gotoh and I arrive at a nearby grocery store after walking for a few minutes. We stand by the entrance, both of us feeling nervous about going inside.

"Riiight... We're here! Hahaha... Ha, ha..." I said, feeling so nervous that my legs were shaking, and I was even sweating.

I clench my right fist and my legs stop shaking.

"Y'know what? I'm gonna gain the balls to go in there! Gotoh-san, you don't have to go with me, so you can stay outside if you want. Just wait until I get back, okay?"

"O-Okay. I'll wait."

I nod my head, pull out a 5,000 yen bill, and enter the store.

-Hitori's POV-

Hiroko-kun will be back soon... There's nothing to worry about.

I walk next to a wall and lean on it, and then I close my eyes.