Awkward start

At Leah's Home...

"Leah is the best!" Lino says as Jake adds, "She never forgets her friends!" They exclaim while jumping on the couch as Sunghoon just stands with his forehead against the wall while mumbling, "They act like kids... I wish it was just us... sigh..."

"Guys, calm down. You wanna break her couch?" Jay says as they laugh and get down while Leah chuckles, "You guys are so happy? I should invite you guys more often..."

"YAY!" Lino and Jake high five as Jay and Leah chuckle. "So Heeseung's not coming, right?" Jay asks Leah as she shrugs, "He said he didn't mind coming. But I don't know if he'll actually come..."

Jay just nods. Just then, the doorbell rings as Leah goes to check the visitors.

"Hello, Leah!" Sua and Jungwon smile as Leah smiles back, "Hey, Guys! Come in!" And before she can close the door, the Nishimura and the Kim siblings arrive.

"Hey, Leah!!!" Somin runs and engulfs Leah in a hug as she giggles, "Good to see you, Somin!" "Hey, Leah." Sunoo smiles as she smiles back, "Hey, Sunoo. Come in!"

"Hey, Leah!" Noa smiles as Niki looks excited, "Thanks for the invite!" Leah smiles, "My pleasure. C'mon in everyone!"

They all walk into the living room as the people in there notice the new guests.

Jay and Sua notice each other as Sua scoffs while Jay raises an eyebrow. Noa notices Sunghoon as her heart rate accelerates while Jungwon and Somin look away, clearly avoiding each other.

"When did you guys get close?" Jay asks with surprise while Leah chuckles out of embarrassment, "Well... it's a long story..." Leah, Sua, Somin, and Noa exchange awkward glances as Jay looks confused.

A few days back...

"Okay... no one's here..." Leah mumbles as she slowly walks towards the shelves in the corner of the library where some spicy, dark romance books were kept.

She searches for a particular book, Captive in the dark. "Hah. Found it!" She mutters under her breath and holds it to pull it out, but it seems stuck.

She tries pulling it out with all her force, and she manages to pull it. But what surprises her is that the person who was trying to pull it from the other side was...

"Sua?!" Leah mumbles as Sua's eyes widen, "I- Uh- I was just checking it out!" Sua whispers back as Leah just looks at her, "Uh- me too! I just wanted to have a look!"

They both look around awkwardly and then look at each other as they gulp. "I never knew you were interested in this genre..." Leah whispers as Sua hides her face with embarrassment, "Please don't tell anyone..."

"Why, are you shy?" Leah chuckles softly as Sua blushes. "Don't worry, this is a secret between us. Yeah?" Leah says as Sua nods with relief.

Just then, Somin walks into the passage between the bookshelves where these two were standing. She freezes as Sua and Leah look at her, "You read this too?"

"Uh... yes...?" She chuckles awkwardly as she then says, "I'm not surprised about Leah... but, Sua?!" She looks surprised as Sua is on the verge of banging her head on the bookshelf while Leah chuckles.

"Wait wha-" They all freeze as they hear Noa who looks at them blankly. "Oh, hey..." Leah smiles awkwardly as Noa does the same.

"I guess we all love some dark romance?" Somin says as Noa just looks away out of embarrassment while Sua and Leah say in unison, "We only like to read it."

"Same here. I can never imagine myself in that scenario, no way!" Somin says as Noa agrees with her.

"So... let's keep it a secret, please?" Sua ask as everyone giggles softly. "Only between us, Alright?" Somin says as everyone nods.

"Now that we're already here, why not go to a cafe?" Leah suggests as they all nod, "Of course, I'm free!" Somin says as Noa nods, "I don't mind hanging out with you." "I like coffee!" Sua says as Leah chuckles, "Alright then, let's get going!"

⇆ㅤ ||◁ㅤ❚❚ㅤ▷||ㅤ ↻