Chapter 19

Chapter 19

*Derek POV*

"Annabelle I'm fine, I told you I was having a meeting with the Alpha King. He must live far because he had to visit me in my subconscious. That's why I was asleep, I wasn't dead."

"I could kill the Alpha King for scaring me like that." Anna said in her mind.

"No you won't, but it's cute when you're overprotective. Why were you out here so late?"

"I was coming to find you." She said looking down at her nails.

"For what?"

"I had to say something to you." She says even quieter.

"Like what." At this point I could tell she wasn't telling me the whole truth. She was staring at her nails like they held the answer to all of her problems.

"I already told you."

She must be talking about the question she asked me.

"It couldn't have waited until I got back from my run, or were you out here for a different reason and just happened to find me."

"No." She was almost whispering.

"No, you weren't out here for a different reason or no, what you told me couldn't have waited?"

"No, I mean, what happened to you?Why were you unconscious What do we have to talk about?"

I know she was trying to change the subject so I won't continue to push her on it. But I won't soon forget, we will talk about it later.

"I'm actually really happy your out here and you found me. I think if I had time to myself to think about it, I would have probably told myself it was just a dream and I was going crazy."

"What happened?" Concern etched her beautiful face.

"I spoke with the Alpha King." I say, looking her in the eyes. She stops walking and looks at me, mouth gaping open.

"What?" She questions, but I know she heard me.

"I spoke with the Alpha King."

"Your really serious, aren't you?"

"Yeah." We're both just, walking not saying anything. The Alpha King is kind of something that is heard but not seen. Something like wind, a force of nature, not something tangible, like an actual person. He is a werewolf that works closely with the Moon Goddess to pair werewolves together to be mates. Besides having lots of powers the Alpha King is immortal. Well, not really, every Alpha King has a thousand year reign then they choose the next Alpha King after their reign comes to a close. The Alpha King has one more month or so before his reign is over.

"He told me I'm the next Alpha King."

She's quiet, so quiet that I think she forgot how to speak. I probably did as well, I have not said that out loud until now, when he told me this I stop speaking. But I know I can't stop, because I haven't even gotten to the worst part yet.

"Thomas has Gabriel's claw." Anna puts her hand over her mouth to keep from screaming. I can tell if her hand wasn't over her mouth she might scream because I did the same thing when the Alpha King told me.

Shit just got real.

We both walk back to my house in a daze. I don't read her mind because what she is thinking is written all over her face, she is utterly terrified. Mind drifting away, I realize that I haven't taken her to the pack house yet. This is my own personal house the pack house is bigger than mine because it holds so many people. I usually stay there but I thought I we be good to relocate for the time being. I want her to get use to just being here first.