Part seventeen

Following the final task of the tournament, Dumbledore summoned Sirius to his office to meet with Harry, who had barely survived an encounter with Lord Voldemort. Sirius wished for Harry to be allowed to rest from his ordeal but was overruled by Dumbledore. As Harry explained the night's events, Sirius nearly interrupted twice and was greatly angered. He also showed signs of strong emotion when he learned that shades of his old friends James and Lily had returned and hid his face in his hands.

B4C36M1 Snape Dark Mark reveal
Sirius along with Harry's friends stay with him as he recovers in the hospital wing
Sirius was allowed to stay with Harry in the hospital wing in his dog form — Dumbledore telling Madam Pomfrey that he was very well-trained — and remained so even as he heard Cornelius Fudge besmirch Harry and question his credibility on Voldemort's return. Once the Minister had left, Dumbledore began making plans to resist the Dark Lord. He asked Sirius to resume his human form and make his peace with Snape, although neither was pleased (Sirius also frightened Molly Weasley when she first saw him as she believed him to be a murderer). Dumbledore then asked Sirius to retrieve Remus Lupin, Arabella Figg, and Mundungus Fletcher and lie low at Lupin's house until Dumbledore contacted him.

Sirius promised to see Harry again soon and left to fulfil his instructions.[25]