(Rewrite) Chapter 13: Just a Bad Nightmare

Start from the beginning

My grandma disappears in my arms, as I face plant forward. I hit something solid, like concrete. I get up off of the floor, and notice dozens of eyes staring at me from the abyss. Some are blue, some are yellow, some are green, some are red, some are white.

"You know what you did."

"It's your fault!"

"She's dead because of you!"

"Kill yourself!" (Lowtiergod is in Jake's head lmao)

"You did this."

"You did all of this."

The voices ring out in my head, as I curl up into a ball, covering the manic ears atop my head, screaming. The voices continue, they won't stop. They constantly blame her death on me.

Maybe it is my fault...

***

I suddenly jolt up in a cold sweat, looking down at my hands. One is covered by the arm glove, and one is normal, like usual. There's no blood...there's nothing.

Somebody bangs on the room door with full force, causing it to almost get blown off its hinges. "WESSON! WESSON! ARE YOU OKAY?!" A familiar voice exclaims through the door. "Wh- Uh- Yeah, I-I'm f-fine." I reply. "You sureee? I heard you screaming man!" The familiar voice says. I recognize this voice as Dr. L. '..I screamed in reality?! I thought it was a nightmare!' I say inside my head. "Helllooo??" Dr. L asks. "Uh- Yep! Totally fine!" I reply, drops of sweat still dripping down my forehead.

"Something is up man! I can tell you're distressed!" Dr. L exclaims. "O-okay, I had a bad n-nightmare!" I exclaim. "Could you let me in?" Dr. L asks. "Y-yeah..sure.." I reply, getting off of the top bunk, and opening the door. Dr. L's facial expression changes from distress to relief. "Alright..I haven't seen any more changes on your body yet.." Dr. L says, examining my body. "Yet?" I ask. "Yet. Anyways, mind telling me about your nightmare?" Dr. L asks. "And..why do you need to know?" I ask.

"These things are important for someone who is becoming a gootraxian. Tell me every little detail about your nightmare." Dr. L says.

(Time skip to when he is done telling Dr. L the nightmare cuz I'm lazy)

"Mhmm..kay. Did the eyes have a body?" Dr. L asks. "No. They were talking though. I think.." I reply. "And what were they saying?" Dr. L asks. "Well..one told me to kill myself.." I reply. "Oh, wow. Voices are pretty common in what I like to call..goo nightmares." Dr. L says. "What exactly are 'goo nightmares'?" I ask. "Gootraxian nightmares. On your case, you're having a nightmare about killing a loved one, which is REALLY common for a newly transformed gootraxian." Dr. L says. "I don't like that one bit.." I say.

"Anyways. Good news or bad news first?" Dr. L asks me. "I want the good news first." I say. "Alright! So, the good news is..uh...you're not a subject, and haven't been caught yet!" Dr. L says. "..and..the bad news.." I say. "Well..uh..gootraxian nightmares indicate that the parasite is starting to get a hold of your mind...which is not very good, as you might guess. If the parasite takes over your mind halfway, or fully, you're doomed!" Dr. L exclaims. "I do not like that at all." I reply.

"..yeah..I'd guess..anyways..maybe it would be wise to do something you enjoy in your final days." Dr. L says. "I want to visit my parents then." I say. "Woah, hold your horses. You're not leaving the perimeter of the site right now, let alone visit your family. Do you have any idea how much trouble you could get me in? Or how much trouble you could get Laminax in?" Dr. L asks, his tone getting more solemn by the word. "...not really." I reply. "Okay, first off, if Laminax finds out that there is a gootraxian on the surface, and know it's you, both me and you would be dead. Because I'm responsible for you!" Dr. L explains.

"So I have to be down here, isolated from the outside world, while I'm slowly transforming into a gooey...thing." I say. "Yeah." Dr. L says. "So I won't be able to see my family..." I say. "Actually- We could try calling them over here..." Dr. L says. "You can just..call my family to come over?" I ask. "Yeah. I don't know how the rest of the staff would feel about just letting your family come here...but we could try." Dr. L says. "Uh huh...do we have to make the calls in private though?" I ask. "Yeah, so nobody can hear us, duh." Dr. L says. I take my phone out of one of my pockets, and begin calling my mother.

It rings.

...

It rings again.

...

...

It rings once more.

...

...

...

Nobody answers.

I hang up the call with disappointment. I then put my phone back in my pocket, and shake my head 'no'. "Try calling her again later. I'm sure we'll get it sorted out, no worries." Dr. L says. I only nod my head in response. "Well..anyways. I'm gonna go do work now." Dr. L says, making his way out of the room. He then exits, walking over to his room. I climb down the ladder, and walk out of the room as well. I shut the door behind me, and make my way to the elevator.

I enter the elevator, pressing the 'lab' button. The elevator doors close, and the elevator begins its descent into the laboratory.

A few minutes later.

The elevator doors open, revealing the reception area. I walk forward, then take a right into the hallway next to the garden. I watch as a plantix and a slimepup play with joy. I can't help but get a slight smile on my face. The slimepup suddenly turns its head to me, as the plantix does the same. The slimepup walks over to the giant glass panel, and puts its front paws on it, looking at me. The plantix looks at me with curiosity, tilting its head. The plantix then start to jump up and down excitedly. It points to the button on the gate door, seemingly telling me to open it.

I walk over to the gate, pressing the button, opening it. I am met with the plantix running over to me, putting me in a large hug. I am immediately confused, not sure what they're trying to do. "I missed you human!" The plantix exclaims, still putting me in a hug. I immediately recognise this plantix as Flora. "..you're..killing..m..." I struggle to say. Flora lets go of me, as I drop to the floor coughing. "Oh! Sorry human! I just got so carried away with my hug!" Flora exclaims.

The same slimepup I saw from the glass panel comes up to me and starts licking me, as I still cough on the floor.

I finally get up from coughing, as the slimepup backs away. Suddenly, the lights flicker above.

((I am getting a small writers block, either that, or I am running out of ideas for this book :/ yeah feel free to comment ideas or something.))