Chapter 23

With a low groan, Naruto slowly blink his eyes from where he is lying down. Naruto reach with one of his hand and rub his head, getting rid of his small headache. Looking around he notice he is away in one of old bridge builders room that he is using. Slowly trying to get up from lying on his back. He let his back lay against the pillow that was supporting him.

Looking around the room he notice Shadow was on his bed still sleeping by his side. He was purring in his sleep. Then he notice Yuki was lying on the floor next to him.

"Yuki. Shadow, hey guys wake up." Naruto whisper both of them as he gently shake Shadow on his shoulders.

Shadow start to mumble something before lifting his head up. "Five more minutes." He look up at Naruto for few seconds rubbing his eyes.
.
.
.
"Naruto!"

That did it. Naruto gave a loud oof as Yuki suddenly jump up from where she lay as he heard a loud shout. Shadow was now licking Naruto's face, showing his appreciation and happiness for his partner to be awake.

"Young Naruto! It's good to see you awake!" Yuki said in an excited tone. Wagging her tail. Side to side.

Naruto is laughing as he can feel Shadows licks on his checks. He was holding Shadow by the stomach  trying to move Shadow away from him.

"Hahahaha! Okay. Okay. That enough Shadow. I get it. It good to see you too." Naruto finally said with sniffle of laugh here and there. "You too, Yuki. I sorry that I worried you guys."

"It's okay Naruto. But please don't do it again. We got scared." Yuki said with her head down. Shadow look at Naruto with a small wine coming out of his mouth.

Naruto felt his heart break when he heard the small noises coming both of his partners. He didn't want them to feel bad. With a small smile and soft eyes he rub their heads letting them know that he did not want them to feel bad.

"I promise I will try to not make that mistake again. I will try not to hurt your guys' heart of the pain I could cause you." Naruto said softly. Looking around he gave a small frown. It was quiet. Too quiet.

"By the way. How long was I out. I don't feel any Kakashi sensei or Sasuke-nii chakra around me?" Naruto ask turning back to his partners. Shadow and Yuki stiffen as they turn their heads away from Naruto eyes.

"Hey guys what is the matter." Naruto ask feeling very upset or worried.

"Naruto you have been asleep for couple days now. And right now everyone is preparing to fight. They are at the bridge."

"He is right. We are keeping eye on you See if you are going to wake up. We let your the duck butt come and check on you and no one else. To ours surprise I...we are not expecting you to wake up today." Yuki correct her mistake when she saw Shadow glaring at her. Naruto was in shock and fear when it finally hit him.

"So..." Naruto was about to ask more question when he heard a large noise coming downstairs.

Crash! Bang!

"Hey! You are not suppose to be here!" A shout can be heard. It sounds like Tsunami voice.

"Hey! Leave my mom alone!" A kids voice echo through the house.

Naruto did not hesitate to jump out of the bed as he flew open the door to his room as he starts running to the commotion downstairs. Shadow and Yuki didn't hesitate as they follow their blond friend.

As he is still standing on top of the stairs he can see the scene in front of him. There before his eye, two grown man with swords and weird outfit, looming over Tsunami. Tsunami is looking scared but have the determination in her eyes. Naruto scan the room when his eyes land on Inari.