𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚏𝚒𝚟𝚎, 𝚊𝚌𝚝 𝚘𝚗𝚎

Percy Becomes Supreme Ruler of the Bathroom

OR

Stelle Meets the Stolls. They Stoll Stuff.

third person omniscient

-

NO, STELLE DIDN'T get over the fact that their Latin teacher was a horse. Was she supposed to? Every few times, she'd be wrong about a person, no serious consequence, and she could move on. How had she missed her teacher being a horse?

Okay, now you might be thinking, 'She didn't know Grover was a satyr!'

In her defense, she did guess that something was off with Grover, but he was her friend and she would give him the benefit of the doubt. Now, Mr. Brunner? No, he was your friendly, slightly odd, foreign language teacher.

So yes, she did maybe, slightly make an oversight, but how could she be so completely, utterly, wrong?

Besides that, it was a pretty nice tour. Of course, Stelle felt the strong urge to punch something to control the feeling of not being in control of the situation, but the choices were either Chiron or Percy.

She punched Percy in the small of the back.

"Son of a-!" Percy yelped, walking a few paces faster.

Ah. That was better.

They walked past a volleyball pit. Several of the campers nudged each other. One pointed to the minotaur horn Percy was carrying. Another said, "That's him."

Most of the campers were older than them. Their satyr friends were bigger than Grover, all of them trotting around in orange CAMP HALF-BLOOD T-shirts, with nothing else to cover their bare shaggy hindquarters. Percy wasn't normally shy, but the way they stared at him made him uncomfortable. He felt like they were expecting him to do a flip or something. 

Percy looked back, towards the farmhouse, and his expression turned to one of curiosity. "What's up there?"

Chiron looked where Percy was pointing, and his smile faded. "Just the attic."

"Somebody lives there?"

"No. Not a single living thing."

Stelle got a feeling he was truthful, but Percy looked unconvinced.

"Come along, you two." His tone was cheerful, but a bit forced. "Lots to see."

They walked through the strawberry fields, where campers were picking bushels of berries while a satyr played a tune on a reed pipe.      

Chiron told me the camp grew a nice crop for export to New York restaurants and Mount Olympus. "It pays our expenses." He explained, "And the strawberries take almost no effort."

He said Mr. D had this effect on fruit-bearing plants: they just went crazy when he was around. It worked best with wine grapes, but Mr. D was restricted from growing those, so they grew strawberries instead. 

They watched the satyr playing his pipe. His music was causing lines of bugs to leave the strawberry patch in every direction, like refugees fleeing a fire. Percy wondered if Grover could work that kind of magic with music. He wondered if he was still inside the farmhouse, getting chewed out by Mr. D. 

"Grover won't get in too much trouble, will he?" Percy asked Chiron. "I mean... he was a good protector, really."

Stelle actually didn't know if Grover did any protecting when he was there at Yancy, besides telling Chiron about Mrs. Dodds. He was good company, but not exactly a fighter. She guessed that Percy was just doing his job as the satyr's friend.