CHAPTER 13

Again, I am sorry for the time it took me to update! 
I am currently posting this during one of my class. :) 
Please vote and comment! 
Enjoy ;) 
XO

_______________

''So where are my favorite nieces?'' Joe asked taking a seat in his older brother's living room, a can of Lacroix in hand.

It'd been a few weeks since he'd last seen the two girls and wanted to know what mischief they were now up to.

''You know there's this thing called elementary school. Shocking in the middle of the week, right?'' Kevin answered his brother, his words laced with sarcasm.

Joe slightly glared at him. ''So funny. Ha. Ha. Ha.''

Kevin looked away from the baseball game they were watching on the big screen in front of them to look at his younger brother. ''But you already knew the girls aren't here.'' he said confidently. ''So why are you here?''

''I thought we could work on our songs?'' Joe attempted.

Kevin stared at him. ''We could have facetimed for that.''

''...I got bored at home?'' Joe tried one more time.

Kevin said nothing, but his stare remained on his little brother.

Joe sighed, knowing all too well that his older brother could see right through him. He definitely needed to work on his acting again, people were able to read him like an opened book.

''Alright you got me. I've been trying to text Riley for a few days now and literally nothing. I feel like the hate is my fault and I feel bad. Is there any way Danielle could talk to her for me?''

It had been a few days since he'd saw Sophie back in New York and a few hours later, on the same day, he'd been made aware of the comments on their official page. After looking into it for a while and calling his brothers, he realized that Riley had received some pretty nasty comments. Although he knew some of their fans liked to know everything about their personal lives, Joe couldn't wrap his head around why they would go that far.

Kevin looked at the tv screen for a while, debating whether he should get involved and give his brother a hand or not. But at the end of the day, he knew Joe would find a way. The brothers were all strong headed in their own way.

Kevin gave in. ''Dani's in the kitchen if you want to talk to her. But I have nothing to do with this!''

He watched Joe take off towards the kitchen shook his head, discouraged by his little brother's antics. After a little under 15 minutes, he saw Joe run out of the kitchen and go straight for the front door, thanking him for the drink on his way out.

Kevin sighed and turned to his wife, standing in the doorway separating the living area and the kitchen. Their faces both sporting the same expression. Apprehension.

''What do you think is going to happen when he gets there?'' Dani asked him, looking back towards the front door.

''With Joe? Anything can happen.'' Kevin admitted before refocusing his mind on the baseball game.

___

Riley spent the day teaching two classes and wanted nothing more than to go home, order some take-out and binge-watch her favorite movie, Titanic. She always got made fun of for being obsessed with that movie, but it was her comfort movie – although it often left her in tears. She'd even watched it with Kevin and Danielle once, and they'd all ended up the night in a weeping mess on the couch.