CHAPTER 3

The day that Riley feared had arrived, and she had spent the morning making sure that she had everything she needed for the weekend. A bit of a survival kit, as she liked to call it. Maybe it was an exaggeration, it's not like it was the President, but saying that you are going on a weekend trip with the Jonas Brothers is not something that happens every day. What if she says something stupid? What if things get awkward?

She had spent a while talking over the phone with Danielle the night before, asking if it be preferable to bring something, as a thank you gift for inviting her. Truth be told, the gift was mostly to make herself feel better about the invite.

''I'm telling you, stop worrying about the weekend! They are chill, so is Priyanka!'' Danielle reminded her for the 10th time over the phone.

'Easy to say, you basically grew up with them.''

''That's true, but the only reason why I make it through the stressful moments, and there are plenty, is because they are an amazing support system. They are regular Jersey guys, just like you and I.''

Riley had nothing more to say, as she knew her friend had a good point. But the nerves still being present, she put back the bottle of Jack Daniels and went for a bottle of Bowmore, a whisky that she'd discovered through a friend. She'd decided to stop by the liquor store to grab something, even though Danielle had reminded her that they had enough options at the cabin. She still stuck to her idea of buying the bottle: she enjoyed the whisky and if anything, it would calm her nerves during the weekend.

''So, we'll drop the girls at my parents tomorrow morning and pick you up around 10. I think Joe will drive to the cabin on his own and we'll meet him there. Nick and Priyanka will have their own car but you're going to ride with us.'' Danielle informed her as she was purchasing the bottle.

''Sounds good. Anything I need to know? Come on give me the Jonas 101.''

''Nothing to worry about, no. Just be ready for a bit of rivalry, they are competitive! Especially Joe and Nick.''

Of course, they would be – a bunch of brothers spending most of their time together. Why wouldn't they be?

''I just realized that I've even met Frankie a few times, but never Joe.''

''He's a great dude, a bit more on the wild side but great. I need to warn you though, he's been going through a hard time lately so if he's a bit moody during the weekend, it's nothing personal.''

Riley nodded her head, although her best friend couldn't see her and left the liquor store. She knew the bottle would be necessary.

···

''You must be Riley! I've heard so much about you!''

The redhead turned around at the sound of a voice she'd never heard before. In front of her stood a beautiful woman with a warm smile. She walked away from Kevin's car; the latter was rearranging the bags in the trunk.

''It's me. I guess you're Priyanka. It's nice to meet you!''

I guess you're Priyanka? Really? Of course, she was, who else would she be? Riley bit her lip and apologized for not even letting the older woman introduce herself and simply assuming. The actress simply threw her head back and let out a laugh before shrugging her off with a gesture of the hand.

''Oh, sweetie don't even worry about it. I have a feeling we're gonna get along just fine!''

''Well I'm glad tha-AAHHH!!'' Riley felt like the soul had left her body when two hands grabbed her waist out of nowhere. She turned around, hearing a distinct laugh that she had not heard in a long time and was presented with the smirking face of the youngest Jonas Brothers. Unlike Kevin, who was a real teddy bear, she did not jump into his arms. For one, because he'd just given her a fright, and mostly because she was not close enough to him to give him a hug. Nick Jonas was simply a hard man to read sometimes. Was she happy to see him and get to know him a little bit better? Of course.

''That's no way to say hi to someone, Nicholas.''

He shrugged his shoulders, the infamous Jonas smirk still on his face.

''Better than a boring hello. Maybe that way you won't be intimidated by me?''

Riley felt her cheeks burn after realizing that he'd been able to see through her. Maybe he'd been more observant than she thought the first time she met him. Riley knew she had to watch out for him during the next few days. If she'd previously thought he was intimidating, she now understood that Nick Jonas had a mischievous side.

A few feet away from them, Kevin closed the trunk of his truck and turned towards them, whilst Dani was already sitting in the passenger seat, choosing a playlist for the almost two-hour ride. They all got in their respective car, Priyanka and Nick following closely behind them. Kevin gave his wife a disappointed look at hearing the first song. He really wanted to forget about Scandinavia, they all knew it.

''Baby girl... Really?''

''Hey it's a good song!''

''Well so is Baby shark, can we listen to it instead?''

As she looked outside the window, Riley tried hard to suppress her smile, but couldn't. Whatever happened during the next few days, she knew she would come home with great memories.

                                                                           --------------------------------

So that's two chapters in less than 24 hours.
I hope you liked it! :)