Chapter 1- The fateful encounter

"KYAAAA! I'M LATE FOR SCHOOL AGAIN!!!?!"
Sakura threw her alarm clock on the floor seeing the large digits glaring at her. 
8.00am
She overslept once again! Her classes begun in 45 minutes! And it takes her 30 minutes to get to school!! And she had to get there by 8.40. Only 10 minutes for her to get ready.
There's no time to worry, she had to start, fast!

She brushed her teeth while on the toilet at the same time, brushing her teeth while combing her hair. She kicked her slippers off and pulled on her uniform; a white shirt, a pale pink cardigan and a skirt with white checkers, alongside a tie that was a few shades darker than her cardigan. It suited her perfectly, but she didn't have time to admire herself in the mirror. 3 minutes to go!
She slapped on moisturiser and lip gloss, running down the stairs while trying to put on her socks at the same time, which failed because she tripped down the stairs falling into her poor mother, who was already used to Sakura's shenanigans.

"Sakura Kouta. How many times will it take for you to learn your lesson and actually take some effort in getting yourself up?"
She said in an exasperated voice, to which Sakura replied while struggling with her shoe straps.
"Sorry mama! I'll go to sleep early tonight! Then I'm off!"
"Eat this on your way. Hurry on now!"

Her mother shoved a piece of toast in her mouth and Sakura rushed out the door, her feet pounding against the pavement as she took the turn from her neighbourhood into the road, almost slipping and falling as she did so. But she didn't fortunately. She hurried on, past the numerous shops and bus stops on her way, toast in hand as she finally reached the traffic light that marked the halfway point from her home to her school. Nervously, she checked the time on her phone. 
8.25am
She wasn't late! She still had 15 minutes and she would definitely make it!
The traffic light turned red and the little man turned green. It was time to cross the road! She took a bite out her toast and skipped across, when suddenly, a random car sped at her, honking the horn loudly. She froze in place, not being able to process what was happening. Wasn't the road empty and the light green? Just as the car was about to crash into her, she felt a tug at her backpack and she was pulled back into someone.
Someone who had a firm body and smelled quite nice.
They both toppled backwards, Sakura right into the person's lap, ending up on the floor together.
Her toast was long gone, crushed under the car. But she had forgotten about it. Her mind was totally blank, from the shock of it, probably in a different world. But it was brought back as she felt the person's hot breath on her ear, and their voice. A low and smooth voice, which was quite comforting, holding a tinge of amusement in it, but clearly worried.
"Are you ok? That was quite the shock hm?"
Sakura sharply turned her head around, seeing that the person who saved her was, a very handsome boy. She quickly sprang up after realising the close proximity between them two.
"I-I'm fine! I'm so sorry!"
She apologised, extremely embarrassed, holding out her hand to the boy. He was quite tall and slim, but not scrawny. He had pale skin, almost transparent, making him seem quite delicate, though he had quite sharp features. Especially his eyes; a dark brown, almost black, that seemed to pierce through whatever he looked at. They definitely pierced through Sakura, through her chest right to her heart- like a Cupid's arrow.
The boy chuckled, taking her hand. His hand was firm and looked like it had been sculpted by a fine artist, his long fingers wrapping around her hand that was smaller in size, and probably looked like it was sculpted by an amateur art student. Yet he was holding it so gently, as if it would break even if a little pressure was applied.  
Sakura was so flustered, she gained some super human strength fuelled by this emotion, she pulled him up so quick it could have dislocated his arm! He was slightly caught off guard, but his smile only grew. She couldn't look at his face and just stared at the floor as she bowed and apologised again.
"I'm so so sorry!"

With that, she took off running, leaving the boy standing at the traffic. He watched her go and softly laughed to himself.
"Well she was in a hurry~"
He took out his phone and sighed, running his hand through his neatly combed hair.
"I should hurry up too.."

He walked off as well.
Crossing the same road Sakura had crossed.