"The pack will accept whatever I tell them to accept." he tells me "She is allowed in the pack Julius, and she has proven her loyalty by helping the royal pack these last months."

"Just because you tell them to accept them, doesn't mean she won't always be met with suspicion and hatred. I know our pack Romeo, I know our people, she would never be fully welcomed. And that is not a life I want for her. I want for her to be free and not be met with suspicion every time she leaves the house and talks with someone." I told them

"Then what do you suggest Julius?" Juliet asks watching me carefully.

I hesitate before speaking my next words. I thought long and hard about what I should do next and no matter how much it breaks my heart; my mate's wellbeing comes before my own needs. I take a deep breath and look them straight in the eyes.

"I wish to resign my position of Beta of the Montague's pack."

Hayley's POV

I wake up feeling well rested. I stretch my sore muscles feeling the sheets moving against my bare skin. I place my hand on Julius chest, but I am met with cold sheets instead of the warm body of my mate.

I sit up confused.

"Julius?" I call out hoping he would answer the call

I notice a note on the bedside table. I pick it up and read it.

Got called to the palace.
My Alpha is here.
Be back soon.

J x

His Alpha is here...Romeo Montague.

I wonder why he didn't take me with him.

I knew we had to talk about what our future would look like now that we managed to catch the infiltrated hunters in the pack, and I won't lie and say I wasn't a little worried about it, but at the same time, and this was a novelty for me, I wasn't worried that Julius would leave me behind. I will admit that the Royal Pack has been growing on me. My nephew was here, for starters and I didn't want to leave the last piece I had of my brother on this Earth. And second...people, sort off respect me now that all this thing with the hunters and my father went down. I was worried that I wouldn't feel accepted if we were to go to his pack, especially after what went down last time I was there. But at the same time, it was Julius's home. How could I ask him to leave? It would hurt him to do so, he was even about to be an uncle for the first time. How could I ask him not to be there the same way I want to be there for Caleb? I love him too much to be selfish with him.

I get up and get dressed in one of his t-shirts. One advantage to him being a freaking giant is that all his shirts cover me nicely and I didn't have to put on pants to cover any essential bits.

I walk to the kitchen and start making some scramble eggs, hoping he would be home by the time I was done. Just as I was placing the eggs on the plate he arrives home, with a cheeky smile and messy hair.

"Hey handsome" I greet him as he comes closer and gives me a kiss.

How very domestic.

"You know...it's not very nice to leave a naked woman in bed alone" I reprimand him in a teasing tone, placing my hands around his neck.

"Apologies milady" he says placing his hands on my waist.

"I made eggs for lunch" I tell him

"I much prefer to eat you for lunch" he replies grabbing and placing me on top of the countertop.

"And who says I was on the menu?" I ask him as his hands travel up to my legs, and find a lack of underwear on.

"It's almost as if you planned this." he comments kissing my neck. I moan when he kisses his mark, he pays a generous amount of attention on that zone making me a moaning mess as his fingers start doing delicious work inside me.