[Chapter Eleven] | Roommate?

She waited for what seemed like hours. In reality, however, the wait time Yumiko waited for was a mere eighteen minutes. The blonde-haired girl waited for a particular brown-haired boy to meet her up on the rooftop for lunch, but he was a no show.

Repeatedly tapping her foot on the ground as her shoes made a satisfying click, impatiently tapping her index finger of her crossed arms on her sleeve, her face progressively began to show an annoyed expression. Where in the hell is he?

Yumiko could wait no longer, stopping herself from leaning against the concrete wall and pushing her way through the metal door next to her. She began to wander the halls, subtly and discreetly checking each classroom for the boy. Of course, her first objective was to check his home classroom, 2-J, but she would rather not go there because of a particular black-haired beauty that she very much despised. It's not that she found herself better than the girl known as Yukino Yukinoshita. Well... Maybe just a little bit when it came to one area, but that was beside the point. She despised her because Yumiko hated Yukino's guts essentially, and there was one incident where she showed up to her classroom one lunch period, but as much as she hated to admit it, it was that encounter with her during that time that made Yumiko rethink her approaches toward some people. But with her way of speaking and how she pretty much speaks matter-of-factly, Yumiko might think that Yukino is a rather pompous bitch (even though it's probably the opposite when it comes to the two of them). But she shook her head. Why was she even thinking about here in the first place?

She had one goal in mind right now and that was to find her childhood friend, Y/N L/N, to give him a piece of her mind.

Well, that's what she would've liked to think.

Yumiko ended up wandering into the annexed building that was a bit off from all the other classrooms. The classrooms in the annexed building were mostly used for clubrooms. Reason why she wandered into the annexed building is because she began to hear a particular noise. Music.

But not just any music. It was a specific tone that she's heard so much. Yumiko wasn't much of a musical person herself, but she did dabble a little bit into some of the genres because of her friend. She was aware of his dream to become an aspiring musician one day and so he would share his love of music with her. She even began to sing with him on some of the songs he'd show her. One of the few past times she enjoys whenever she's with him, aside from the times she'd drag him around on outings and what not.

In fact, when she heard the music play, she began to unconsciously hum to the song and pick up her pace. Her heart skipped a little as she ended up smiling unknowingly. I mean, yes, she did enjoy singing with the brown-haired boy, but she's never smiled this widely. But even still, the moment she heard his voice being echoed throughout the halls made her feel compelled to hurry up and join him. That excitement of hers, however, was soon shattered as soon as she appeared by the door and peered through the window.

There Y/N sat, acoustic guitar in hand as he gracefully strung away at the strings, a close-eyed smile on his face as he contently sang. Sitting across from him was a girl she had never seen before, nor had Yumiko ever heard Y/N mention to her at all. A dark, but vibrant purple color to her hair, along with pretty dark blue eyes that went very well with the black uniform of Sobu High. The girl herself was also using a guitar, her rhythm and tune in perfect synchronization with L/N. They were singing very well together, there was no denying about that. But that wasn't what concerned Yumiko. No, it was far from that. Y/N just looked happy... Far much happier than he had ever looked. At least, that's what it looked to her in her point of view.

The smile he currently held was something she had only seen when they were children.

She soon found herself taking off from the scene, when normally she would probably burst in through the door and begin to question him. But for some reason, she couldn't do it. She couldn't find the courage to do so. Her brain found it hard for her to contemplate the scene that was playing before her. This somewhat unfamiliar feeling begins to well up within her chest.