All that glitters is not gold.

Percy lay on his bed, numb and unfeeling. A celebrity. Never alone but always lonely.

Percy had started his career early. A few people had come up to his father. "It pays good." They had said. "Easy money. Believe us." And so, his father had. Percy was sent to Manhattan in New York. 

Percy had started his career early. At ten.

Percy was ten– he had made his debut in a movie and got rich and famous almost overnight.

Percy was twelve– his father was murdered, leaving him numb. He wanted to quit, but he couldn't. So, he continued to make his name in the industry.

Percy was sixteen– his heart wasn't in the movies at all, but now being so famous, he couldn't back out. Never alone but always lonely.

Just like that, Percy was eighteen– and his life consisted of exclusive interviews, and elite over-the-top members that flattered him. Or tried to anyways.

Suddenly, Percy was twenty-one– and every girl was dying to get together with him. He had so many "friends" now he was sure they were all fake. Never alone but always lonely.

And then Percy was twenty-four– a life-ruining year for him. Nasty rumous spread about him, and all his so called friends left him.

Percy had once had a dream to be an actor– a dream that he left quickly once it became a living nightmare.

Percy had thought that celebrities had the best life. Always so rich, such show-offs. Their life was golden, Percy had thought.

Never alone but always lonely.

Percy lay in his bed, numb and unfeeling. A celebrity. Never alone but always lonely.

His life was glittering.

But not because he had a golden life, oh no.

Blades and tears shine too.

And sure, Percy's life shined and glittered.

But not all that glitters is gold.

Heyy guys! So, I wrote this essay for my English-I annual exam, and I scored 90/100, so YAY! This was just off the top of my head, and believe me, it was much more poetic in the paper. Welp, hope you enjoyed! Love y'all! (360+ words)

Toodles!