The warmth of smoke travelling through his body brought a sense of comfort to him, greedily savouring the feeling by taking another hit.

He was not an addict, even though his friends thought he was. That wasn't the case. He enjoyed it when he did but he'd never smoke unless there was one provided, in this instance being a party where it was very common for people to smoke.

He leaned back against the cooler wall, sighing out a long breath. He was bored. Muggle parties weren't hitting the same as they did when he was an arrogant teenager with no care in the world.

Once his train of thoughts started to fade, he didn't bother to say a goodbye to his friends, a simple nod and he was swallowed by the crowd of bodies.

Multiple hands were swaying in the air, blocking his path, his patience running low as he fled for the door.

A familiar voice caught his attention, the teeth grinding pitch & comebacks that shot through their mouth transformed his calmer expression to a scowl.

He turned his head, eyes squinting to identify that it was indeed them. Y/n herself, what the fuck was she doing here.

He examined the situation, your words tumbling out of your mouth without a single thought behind them. He snickered to himself at your attempt to flirt, your body sagged over as your head swayed when you spoke, almost like your neck was not strong enough to support it.

The mysterious man stayed close to you, holding you by the waist. Mattheos expression hardened at the look on his face, a dirty smirk hiding his devious plans as he lured you in.

He knew you wouldn't be too excited by the idea of him swooping in like a knight in shining armour to save you but he cared partially for your safety.

He shut down the final protest his mind were filled with, swerving through swaying hips to save you.

⇠═⇢

A lazy smile adored your face, dimples present as your pearly whites shined against the cool toned lights flickering above.

"You know, not only is your personality attractive, you're also very pretty." He draws out very, his eyes flickering to your body for a second.

"Are you just saying that to make me feel better for the questions I asked before." You inquired, a twinkle of amusement prominent in your e/c orbs.

His smile widened, chuckling. "No, no, you have a unique way of thinking and let's leave it at that." He says, making you laugh loudly.

He slides another glass into your hand, an expectant look on his face. You huff, "I might pass out" you said just before tilting it to your lips and drinking it all in one go.

It seems the alcohol was finally starting to catch up to you, dulling your senses more than they were already.

You felt a hand on your upper arm, dragging you through distorted looking people. Faces were blurs, movement feelings weirder than ever.

"Damn you didn't lie about heightening my night." You slurred, your voice sounding unfamiliar.

His rushed steps were interrupted, his once 'charming' smile tugged down into an annoyed frown.