CH.5 | SERENITY

✧.SERENITY

✧.SERENITY

𝐘/𝐍 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐂𝐔𝐑𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐋𝐘 𝐀𝐓 𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐎𝐅, if not the most expensive restaurant in the area. she tried to dress expensively, but honestly couldn't be bothered to in the end. hence, she just slapped on some random comfortable outfit, looked at herself in the mirror, and decided to go with it.

"ah, y/n!" chanelle greeted her, heels clacking against the marbled floors of the restaurant. she seemed to be in the outfit she wore during her photoshoot. "hi, chanelle." y/n greeted her, eyes focused on the game. "i see you brought the chanel bag i gifted you." chanelle said, taking a seat opposite of her. y/n hummed in response.

"are you farming for dr. ratio right now?" chanelle inquired, while asking a server to prepare the meals that she had ordered in advance. "mhm." y/n nodded, finally looking up after clearing the calyx. "he's got the looks, the brain, and the...um...personality...?" she trailed off. chanelle snorted, a small grin on her face.

"he'd probably call you stupid for not understanding calculus, which he considers basic algebra." chanelle teased, while y/n furrowed her brows together. she pouted, slumping into her seat. "I don't care. at least he can tutor me." y/n huffed, going back to the game.

"how's your injury?" chanelle asked, eyes zoning onto the bandages wrapped around y/n's knuckles. she scanned her for any other visible injuries, and to her relief, she found none. "it's fine. barely felt anything." y/n replied, sticking out her tongue slightly in concentration. she didn't really like to put the game on auto-mode, finding that the game was quite wasteful with ults.

"that's good." chanelle hummed, a smile gracing her features. "food's here, eat up" she continued, seeing the server arrive with their food. "ugh...how troublesome..."

"have you done your homework?" chanelle questioned

"have you done your homework?" chanelle questioned. they were now at home, y/n playing games on her pc while chanellle read a book on her bed. "mmm ...no." y/n replied, spamming the basic attack button. she had transitioned to genshin impact, having been bored of honkai starrail. chanelle sighed. "you have to complete your work, you know?" she chided, y/n groaning in response.

"it's such a pain...writing all of it down is tiring..." she complained. chanelle sighed again. "then tell me your answers to the questions, I'll write it down for you." chanelle improvised. she knew that y/n was quite smart, but she was just lazy to write. y/n felt that writing everything down was a waste of time- and effort. 'why couldn't exams be verbal instead?' y/n had said once.

"okaay." y/n drawled out, teleporting to a waypoint before doing her work. well, more like chanelle doing the work for her.

"okay. first question, an athelete sees a hurdle infront of him. explain the nervous pathway for the athelete to react." chanelle started, y/n looking at her blankly. seriously, the first question she chose was a nine mark essay for biology?

"...ugh." y/n grumbled, walking over to the bed and laying down beside chanelle. she closed her eyes, enjoying the softness of it. "y/n, what's your answer?" chanelle asked, hand gently caressing y/n's head.

"could you write it down for me? you know that i know the answer." y/n muttered, leaning into her touch. chanelle sighed for the third time that day. but seeing how peaceful y/n looked, chanelle couldn't find it in her heart to decline. "fine." she gave in, seeing a small smile appear on y/n's face. y/n snuggled closer to her as thanks, wrapping her arms around chanelle's waist.

"by the way, what do you plan on doing for the festival?" chanelle questioned, the sound of pen against paper filling the room. y/n quirked a brow. "isn't that still quite far away?" she questioned, snuggling more into the girl's warmth.

"well yes, but it's good to plan beforehand." chanelle replied, flipping the paper to the next page. "...i'll just let the class decide." y/n muttered, the sound muffled due to her face pressing up against chanelle. "hmm~" chanelle hummed, drawing a graph this time.

"okay. would you like to accompany me after school tomorrow?" silence ensued. "y/n?" chanelle looked at the girl, brushing some stray hairs away from her face. seeing the rise and fall of her chest , along with her peaceful expression and steady breathing, chanelle smiled endearingly.

"good night."

DON'T: republish, copy, translate my work

IF: my work is on any other platform / you see another book like this, please inform me.