Adrian let out a huff of laughter, disbelief coloring his tone. "That's so fucking stupid."

Dev grinned, catching the humor but also the unease in Adrian's response. "Kinda cool, though, right?"

"Sure," Adrian replied dryly, pulling on a shirt. It was one of his better ones, a black shirt marked with streaks of gold. It fit snugly against his lean build.

Dev raised an eyebrow, clearly impressed. "Look at you, fancy. Got a date or something?"

"Lunch," Adrian responded, the memory of a prior commitment with Cassie now surfacing. In truth, he doubted she even remembered. "Want something?"

"Yeah, if you're offering." Dev shrugged, "Some fries maybe."

Nodding, Adrian picked up his phone, dialing Cassie. Ten rings in, her voice broke the silence—a raspy, sleepy whisper. "Hello?"

"Good afternoon," he greeted, voice flat and even. "Guess you forgot about our lunch plans."

There was a shuffling on the other end. "Oh shit," Cassie muttered, realization dawning.

He chuckled, "Relax. If not for that dumb fucking video, I'd still be asleep."

Her voice was hurried, laced with the sound of running water. "How did Dev react?"

"Exactly how I expected." A sigh. "Listen, don't rush. If you're still in bed, I can grab us something, and we can just hang at your place."

She hesitated. "You sure? I'll be ready in twenty—"

"Your roommate there?" he interjected.

"Uh, no. Think she went out."

"Good. See you in twenty."

He ended the call and headed out.

 It seemed as though every eye on campus was trained on him, conversations pausing as he passed, whispers trailing in his wake. They might have seen a moment of his anger, but they didn't know the whole story. The complexity of standing up for his brother, of the instincts that drove his actions. He wasn't the 'hero' they imagined.

A quiet chime notified him of a text. Dev: Make it cheesy fries. Thx.

Soon, the familiar façade of Cassie's sorority house loomed ahead. Despite the grandeur of the historic building, he knew its halls echoed with the giggles, dramas, and secrets of the young women inside. Today, it promised him sanctuary from the world outside.

He approached the front door, his hands occupied with bags of food, making it impossible to knock conventionally. In a very tactical and practical move, he resorted to a series of robust kicks against the door.

Peering through the peephole, the shadow of someone on the other side shifted, a sign that he had garnered attention. Adrian leaned down, his eyes wide and playful, as he lifted the bags to make his mission obvious.

The door swung open, revealing Cassie in nothing but an oversized T-shirt and underwear, her face flushed with mild embarrassment. "I'm not ready yet," she said, her voice a mix of apology and haste.

Adrian's gaze lingered on her for a moment. 

As he observed her, all thoughts of lunch and food vanished from his mind, replaced by pure want and desire and lust for her. Imagining those smooth legs wrapped around his head as she moaned in ecstasy.

Shaking off the intrusive thought, he recovered quickly, bending down slightly to press a brief, affectionate kiss on her cheek. "Well, I'm here," he said, his voice steady, betraying none of his internal turmoil. "And I brought food." He slipped past her into the sanctuary of the house.