Chapter 27

Edgeworth's POV

    After lunch I pay and then we leave. I got into my car, Franny in the passenger seat.

    "I don't like him." I say, shaking my head.

    She glared at me before her face turned to one of amusement. "A foolish fool foolishly in love with an even more foolish fool." She grumbles.

    I turned on the radio as I drove back to my house. When I heard Frank Sinatra we shared a quick look and Franziska immediately turned it off. We drove in silence for the rest of the drive home.

    Pheonix Wright was my opponent in court. I couldn't love him. Thinking about him was strictly for work purposes. That had to be it.

    "What?" Franny asks.

    "Hm? Nothing."

    "You're thinking about something... Is it Father?"

    No. It wasn't. Every time she says "father" instead of "my father" I want to correct her. Though I suppose legally she is right. I shook my head, I didn't brood over the subject. Anytime I think about it too much I seem to be in a "mood" for the rest of the day.

    "No." I parked the car, trying to ignore her examining me.

    "Are you mad?" She asked, her eyes narrow. Her badgering me like this remind me that she really is just like anyone else's little sister.

    "I'm just thinking." I tell her, unlocking my door and heading in, her right behind me.

    "About that man?"

    "He has a name." Though I'm a prosecutor I cannot help but to defend him... As much as I hate to admit it, I may harbor more feelings towards the man than what should be rational.