Chapter 6

August 12, 2023, Greece

Nora's POV

Mick was behaving strangely. At first I thought he was still worried about next season but the way he is isolating himself is not normal. Or rather isolating himself from me because he seems half normal until I show up in the room and suddenly he has to go do something else.

“I'm sure it's nothing, I mean I've seen him quieter lately and sometimes he takes the motorcycle to go around while we do something together but he has always been very independent” Carmen noted while we were laying down on the beach, the sun starting to set on the horizon but we didn't have any hurry on going back home.

“The only time he has come to the beach is when I wasn't going” We arrived on Thursday and I thought it was because he was tired from the trip, Friday he didn't go either and I tried staying behind this morning to take a walk around the town on my own and guess what? He went down to the beach with everyone else “I don't know, I think he regretted bringing me, I should have gone directly to Milan”

“Don't say that, even if he's regretting bringing you, which I'm sure he does not, that guy adores you, we still love having you here” Carmen assured me.

It was the first time that Mick mixed me up with his friends like this, I mean sure, I've gone to races and some other events with him before where I've met everyone but never anything like this, and I think he was regretting it.

“Totally, the guys are great but you girls are better” Lily added.

“Hey!” Alex, who was the only guy who has wanted to come today with us and was laying beside Lily protested.

“Babe ignore us, this is a private conversation” She told him.

“But I'm right here”

“Don't you want to go with the boys?” She asked.

“No, this conversation is more interesting than anything they might be doing” He then finished sitting up on the towel and turned to me “By the way I'm with Nora in this one, he seems strange to me too”

“See!” I exclaim, even they see it.

“Great darling, make her more paranoid” I stood up from my towel and put on my shorts, putting the rest of my belongings in the bag I had brought with me.

“Look I'm just going to go speak with him to settle this once and for all” I said, making my way back to the house.

I have to catch a flight tomorrow at noon and there was no way I was going to leave without getting rid of the idea that I had done something to Mick to make him behave like this.

“Have you seen Mick?” I asked George and Esteban when I saw them in the living room.

“In the bedroom looking for his phone or something” George answered me.